Your near future uke aquisition goals

v30

Reaction score
What's on your near future list?

For some reason I have it in my head that I have to have a Kamaka tenor and a vintage martin soprano.

What's on your near future list?

For some reason I have it in my head that I have to have a Kamaka tenor and a vintage martin soprano.

Well of course you do! My list is somewhat slowing at present as I have two custom ukes in the works, but those DeVine ukes that Eric posted earlier sure tempts a man's UAS.

I have a Mya-Moe long neck soprano that should be arriving in early Dec.

Other than that, I only have plans to put a few of my extras on the market. :p

I'm trying to put it off until next year, but sometime in the near future I'd like to get my first custom, my first resonator and my first tenor. Luckily, I have a few options that could let me kill 3 birds with one stone (Russ Morin, Mya-Moe both make them, I just need to do some more research).

I have tried many ukes, owned alot....all I can say now is I pick ukes by their preformance...not their names.. of course, the big names have more consistancy...but you never know until you have the ukulele in your hands....Good Luck...and happy strummings...

One banjolele (Lanikai or Gold Tone?), one Tahitian ukulele, one tenor ukulele (preferably blue). I prefer to have one of each kind.

A Dolphin for every room in the house, another Dolphin to put a pickup in, and a solid body electric uke plus amp with distortion.

I only have one uke in my future, as I wait for my turn to come up on a custom build, hopefully sometime early next year. I might have to sell a couple off to help finance it.

I'll probably try to get the Ohana tk35g-5. It seems to be slightly difficult to find online (which is the only current option when I'm home). I should have had more courage when I saw one in a shop in Dublin. But I'm only occasionally able to master musical instrument shops - too intimidating.

-Tor

1. "NEW-Ohana-Myrtle-wood-Port-Orford-cedar", just announced on UU Forum by Uke Republic, IF the Soprano had come with a concert neck! (Guess search for alternative continues.)

2. The Fish Ukulele is on the "near future list", but I hear that it may not go into production!

Guess I'll change my list's name to the "near future savings plan list"!

I need a sopranino and a baritone, since I do not have those sizes. I started building the sopranino but got sidetracked by a major crisis at work and it is about 2/3 finished. After that I'd like a vita but I do not need one.

Needed a May Bell Banjo Uke with a resonator to round off the collection (got it yesterday- Model 24 in excellent nick, 1920's, Happy Birthday to ME!!!)
Now I am filling the piggy bank for a Mya Moe- only thing stopping my start date is deciding whether I need a reso or not, and what size (argh- I think I need a concert)

Well, since taking up Ukulele about 3 months ago (or maybe I should say "re-taking up") I have spent about $1400 on Ukuleles - some new, some used, and that's 7 ukes (I need to update my signature). Obviously, they were all pretty inexpensive, but they're all decent. I've got Tenor, Concert, Soprano and tomorrow I'll have Sopranino sizes. I've got Acoustic, Electric, and Acoustic Electric ones. Also a variety of wood types (nothing more exotic than oven Koa) including Bamboo). My small tribe pretty much covers the gamut of varieties, at a very low cost:)

My goal now, after taking some lessons and getting a bit more proficient will be to figure out what size/type I like best and start looking for a high end uke of whatever variety that ends up being, for my next purchase. I'm thinking that I'll likely budget up to about $1500, so it could even be a custom uke. We'll just have to say. Trying to curb the UAS until then (unless something absolutely too good to pass up comes my way).

I also hope to take a uke making class in the spring from a local luthier - maybe that will be my next uke.

My near future (in a little over a week) includes a new Pohaku Deco Tenor in an amazing quilted Honduran mahogany/curly koa combination.

I'm going to the Tampa Bay Uke Getaway in November in Tarpon Springs. Will probably be a target or opportunity, perhaps at the swap meet, or a vendor like Uke Republic, MIM, etc. I expect to come home with some kind of uke!!!!!! :drool:

my near future aquisitions are a luna pineapple tattoo, love the shark tooth design, an eleuke don't know what size yet, and in the not too far off distant future a banjolele of some sort, oh and a couple more dolphins of different colour

a couple of vintage Regal sopranos. Also looking forward to a new resonator around Christmas time. Perhaps a vintage banjo uke but I just don't know enough about them to work out which one to buy!!!! In between times I'll be hoping to sell off one or two more ukes as well...to help pay for the newbies :)

In the short term, I'll be getting my custom Boat Paddle uke. I'm really looking forward to it; it may be here in time to use for a run of gigs, which would be cool.

Other things I may like to get are some more pickups for a couple of my ukes so I can bring any of them to a gig.

My Luis Feu de Mesquita will be arriving in about a month. After that I'm thinking a Kamaka tenor and a KoAloha Pineapple Sunday. The Devine ukes Eric recently posted have me drooling though!

Top Bottom