North Carolina

NoahOathKeeper

Reaction score
Hey , im from Alexander County ,NC . after researching local Uke clubs ive found only 1 and its 3 hours away dose anyone else know of any other clubs a bit closer, or live close and wanting to start a club ?

well this Bites, no one ? not anyone ? interested in getting together and playing Ukulele !
id think id would find at least a couple people , or is everyone just wanting to get paid for someone to join there group ?

I am pretty sure Mim has some get together in Charlotte, and there is/was a group in asheville. Besides that you might try a craigslist ad in Hickory or Boone. I live on the other side of asheville but life has been keeping me busy so I have little time to get to any uke gatherings.

Always up or a get together, but being on the coast, Alexander Co is to far for me.

lol i really wound had thought more people from NC wound be on here , i guess collectively NC dose not like the Ukulele , glad i play the banjo or id be shun :D

Hi NoahOathKeeper. I am located near Winston-Salem. I make it down to Charlotte for the uke jam every few months, but it is 1hr 45min from me.

IF you start it...people will come. We get more non-uke players involved in the uke by meeting and letting them play than any other way.

I don't think you need to be good. You just have to be there. The ones that are good will come. If you build it.

Do you have a Sam Ash Music Store in your area? Sammy Ash is pushing uke clubs in his stores. That is how we started The River City Ukulele Society group in the Richmond area. We meet monthly at Sam Ash. They really support and assist us. If no Sam Ash store, try another music store in your area. We keep a sign up sheet at the store so customers coming in to shop can sign up if they have any interest and we contact them. Good luck!

Alexander is a bit too far for me too. However, depending on timing of sessions Wilmington isn't. I understand there is a strumming group at the academy but evenings are not good for me due to drive home to North Myrtle Beach. Discussed possibility of group down here at music store's school facility (or a couple of other available locations) but haven't found interested ukers (or prospective ukers yet). An all out effort being discussed for January.

Headed for Wilmington today for shop visit, then Lil Rev workshop.

Always up or a get together, but being on the coast, Alexander Co is to far for me.

Alexander is a bit too far for me too. However, depending on timing of sessions Wilmington isn't. I understand there is a strumming group at the academy but evenings are not good for me due to drive home to North Myrtle Beach. Discussed possibility of group down here at music store's school facility (or a couple of other available locations) but haven't found interested ukers (or prospective ukers yet). An all out effort being discussed for January.

The Academy has an Official Jam that meets once a month. The next one is Nov. 12th 4-6 pm, for anyone that is interested.
There is also a group that is trying to get started up, that meets in Winnabow once a month, if anyone is interested in that. http://www.meetup.com/Wilmington-Ukulele-Players/

If you decide to start something up please let me know. I live in Conway but im currently out of state for work.

Howdy.

You might do a search of the Introductions forum for NC players.

I'm in High Point and have only been playing uke since late August, but am loving it! I'd love to join the jams at Mims, but work has been really stressful the past few months and I just don't have the energy for the drive to and in Charlotte. And I definitely don't have the energy to start up a group. Things might get better by January, though.

If anyone knows of any uke resources or groups in the Triad area, please let me know.

Doug

Howdy.

You might do a search of the Introductions forum for NC players.

I'm in High Point and have only been playing uke since late August, but am loving it! I'd love to join the jams at Mims, but work has been really stressful the past few months and I just don't have the energy for the drive to and in Charlotte. And I definitely don't have the energy to start up a group. Things might get better by January, though.

If anyone knows of any uke resources or groups in the Triad area, please let me know.

Doug

Hi DougNC, I am in Kernersville. There isn't anything in the immediate area for groups as far as I know. I would be willing to get together and play sometime though.

Eric

Thanks for info. Winnabow is closer but will try Academy Jam too. May see you soon. Yes, enjoyed the workshop last night. Wish it could have lasted much longer!

The Academy has an Official Jam that meets once a month. The next one is Nov. 12th 4-6 pm, for anyone that is interested.
There is also a group that is trying to get started up, that meets in Winnabow once a month, if anyone is interested in that. http://www.meetup.com/Wilmington-Ukulele-Players/

I'm in Charlotte and just started playing a few months ago. I actually drove by the place where the Charlotte Uke Jam used to take place (Aloha Snow) last night because the website said they also sell ukes but it's closed. Anyone know where they meet now? I understand Mim is on the boards here. I will PM her as well.

Top Bottom