Uke-toberfest

tuscadero

Reaction score
Hi, this is a weird one. My friends are throwing an Oktoberfest and they've asked me to learn some German tunes on my uke.

First: I don't know of any German tunes that sound good on a ukulele.
Second: I don't know any German tunes.

We're looking for songs that people might enjoy singing along to while drinking copious amounts of beer. We're also looking for songs that I can strum after drinking copious amounts of beer.

Any suggestions??
:p

Excellent suggestions. Was it Winds of Change by the Scorpions the song that had the Berlin Wall falling in the video? That might be ironically amusing, eh?

Excellent suggestions. Was it Winds of Change by the Scorpions the song that had the Berlin Wall falling in the video? That might be ironically amusing, eh?

Yes. I've played Still Loving You on ukulele.

haha, well I'm your main advisor here, as I live 5 walk-minutes away from the Oktoberfest.
First of all, I don't think you can play these songs on the uke. We got a brass chapel for that - the "blasmusi" which is loud enough to be heard as all those drunk people "sing" with them.
But I guess you can try it - there are traditional songs, and chart music songs, of course only party music, being played at the Oktoberfest. The melodies are simply, so any drunk can sing with it.

However I dont have any time to look for them now, I'll come back to you later

Man, that youtube guy is amazing, eh? I can't believe that's plastic.

Those are all great suggestions, I like danke schoen and roll out the barrel especially. My son suggested "German Boy" from South Park but I don't think that's in the spirit of the event ;)

Man, that youtube guy is amazing, eh? I can't believe that's plastic.

Those are all great suggestions, I like danke schoen and roll out the barrel especially. My son suggested "German Boy" from South Park but I don't think that's in the spirit of the event ;)

1) I know, right? Really incredible sound. I'd love to know what his secret is.
2) Your *SON*? From your picture on here, I figured you were like sixteen. Wow.

I don't know if you want something that you'd have to learn actual German lyrics too (that's hard core, man!)... but if so, Die Prinzen have a lot of good stuff with happy tunes and a nice beat...

I like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI700_lri4Y

Of course the best German a capella group ever is the Wise guys. But again, you might have to learn German lyrics. But if you know a little German, they're really funny lyrics. Don't know if you can get the tabs though. You'd have to look around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns5tsmkrTYo

Top Bottom