Couple of Vintage BU's On Ebay right now

TCK

Reaction score
I have just done business with this fellow, and have not received the Banjo Uke I just bought from him, but I have followed his blog for a year and have found him to be remarkably knowledgeable on these old things, and certainly passionate. His stuff is in great nick as well- I can't believe the May Bell I am getting if it as half as good as looks in the pictures I am one happy uker (really reasonable price too, especially considering how the value of these is climbing)- he was great to correspond with and truly knows what he is selling.
Anyway- I figure it is worth a toss to buy one from a player if you are in the market-
Gretsch Clarophone
Banner Blue (this one is a doozy-arch top and heart fret markers...too bad I am a May Bell guy)
Happy Strumming

Oh man, your the one who got that Maybell? I was going to bid on that and then he pulled the auction early. Yeah, that was definitely the best one! Excellent buy TCK ...congrats!

Congrats on the new uke. Thanks for sharing the link to the blog. There is good info there.

I also went looking for that listing tonight so I could bid on it. Well at least we know that someone here on UU got a good-looking banjo uke. It really does look great in the pics. Congratulations!!

Whoops- ain't making friends there I suppose. I emailed Steve and told him I would give him his "Buy Now" for it if he would make it re-appear- apparently it disappeared because Ebay moved it, not him. He sold it for what he was asking and well...
Now I have three May-Bells
YES!!!
The Banner Blue is special though- really special

Hey, I'm your friend! I'm just glad such a dedicated Maybell fan got it. The ebay gods where certainly on your side.
Cheers!

Those Maybells are GORGEOUS looking! I just can't justify buying any more ukes just now! :(

Roberta

Top Bottom