Uke building classes in Chicago area??

Pulex

Reaction score
Anyone know of a luthier in the Chicago area that would teach someone to build a uke?? Thanks in advance. Bill

There's a dude in the guitar shop above the used bookstore on Lincoln in Lincoln Square close to Old Town School that seems cool. You might want to ask him. Other than that, I don't know of any other uke builders in Chicago. I know another guy who dabbles - do you know DK Kolars?

I don't offer classes or take private students, but I would be happy to meet with you and show you what I do and provide some guidance. If you want to come out for a visit (I live in Wheeling, about 30 miles from downtown Chicago), or if you want to talk, shoot me an email.

Kevin Mason
masonguitars@aol.com

Hi Kevin. I checked out your website since it's nice to know that there is a local luthier. I just wanted to mention how beautiful that dreadnaught guitar is that you have posted on your site. And the sound is so nice. Man, I think I would give up my beloved Martin for it. Any chance you will be building more ukuleles? Your inlay work on the spruce topped uke is awesome.

Dan

What would you want to learn? There are books out there that can help...as well as this forum! I'm in St Louis but I can help with some pointers if you want

Thanks for the kind words. The dread was for my sister-in-law, who is a graphic designer and designed my site. An even trade. Of my last seven instruments (three are still on the bench), all have been ukes. Are the other uke builders in the Chicago area? I would love to know.

Top Bottom