Birthday in 2 months, so..

Ame

Reaction score
My parents said they'd get me a "nice" uke for my birthday in November haha By 'nice' they mean like the more expensive kinds, I guess?

So, I come to you guys, the experts. xP What kind should I get? I thought possibly a custom made one, but I wouldn't know what to ask for or where to get it made. If not a custom one, I would like something that stands out, or is really different like this, or this, or something with a fun inlay. Just something different, ya know? :)

Some preferences would be a concert or tenor size and under $500. (that may even be too much, but we'll see. haha)

Thanks for any help guys!

There aren't any customs that I know of under $500. And sadly, the cow-print Fluke is discontinued. D: But that's an awesome-looking Kala, and it'd definitely get you noticed. Same with the curly mango Kalas. If they sound half as good as they look, they'd be a nice choice.

If you like Flukes, $300-400 can get you a blinged-out one with a rosewood fretboard and a pickup, and they still have a few neat designs.

Well in order to get a custom uke depending on who make it could take from 6 months to 2 years to get! I want a custom but every custom builder has a two year backorder! My suggestion is to just hit up ebay, you can get great deals on uke's with great inlays! I dont know the sound quality of this uke but you may consider it just due to the fact of the beautiful inlay work : http://cgi.ebay.com/Solid-Wood-Teno...ryZ16224QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Inlays are nice, but it's a bit of a gamble to get a uke with no brand name for comparison and no sound samples. :eek:

Oh Ahhhmae! Sounds like u got a pretty bad case of UAS...

How old u turnin? The only time my parents ever spent any kinda money on me was th 21st -- so lucky u!!! Take advantage of it while u got it!

What kine was the third uke? That was clean! Once I'm even on my dumb credit cards, ima get some work done on my current uke(so I dont go out buyin anotha one), but lord knows when thats gonna be.

Good luck with your find!

hey. yeah i agree the flame curly kala is tight.

try looking into buying as pono? from mgm he has some mahgony ones for under 500 i believe its a great brand.!

for example.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PONO-MAHOGA...ryZ16224QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
its not to flashy but its under 400 and comes with a pickup.. haha pretty sweet.

or this kala (also with pickup) - koa sides and solid spruce top
http://cgi.ebay.com/JUST-OUT-NEW-KA...ryZ16224QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

look into it!

oh you can also probably look at kanilea's soundmonster series.. they sound so nice.! tenor soundmonsters go for a lil over 600 so the concert should be lower.!

pm me if you wanna chat about it! ahha oh and congrats on the soon to be new ukulele =)!

what are the specs on the hawaii one? If that one sounds as good as it looks...definitely get that one!

Top Bottom