Custom Hardcase

khairijamian

Reaction score
Recently I bought the flat version of Bruko No. 6, it is 3cm in body height, so it won't fits any usual hardcase. I wonder if there's any custom hardcase maker out there? Yeah, Hubert Pfeiffer got a flat hardcase, but its like, $130++ including the shipping. I wish there's a case maker who can offers me a cheaper price.

Mahalo :)

Indeed. A custom case I take as meaning one specifically made for a particular instrument ie. a one off. At around $100 that might be a little difficult to find although I've been wrong before. You have much more chance of someone 'adapting' an existing ready made case though.
Just to put some perspective on the matter. Occasionally I order a case from Kingham MTM. it involves me sending them an outline drawing of the instrument complete with dimensions. The wait time is around 2 months. Cost is approx. $500.

I think I am confused. So it won't fit because is is thinner then a normal uke, right? Which to me seems like it would fit but with extra room, not a great thing as your uke could move around the case. If this is true couldn't you get a not custom case and some foam or padding and build up the protection so there is a snug fit.

I am in the begining stages of making cases. (Road, drop bottom, duct tape, cloth) and to get the materials and equipment to make a professional case is expensive. Just to make a regular padded case you need a $1200 sewing machine to get through all the layers of cloth, padding, and piping. lease keep that in mind.

Regular case plus layer of foam, and Bob's your uncle.

Custom + Cheap isn't really an option, unless you do it yourself.

For my electrics, which is thinner than an acoustic, I simply buy an existing case and take it to a fabric store to match up the interior cloth then modify however I need to. You can just as easily buy a stock vacuum formed case and put your own interior in it.

Top Bottom