Inspiration for my first video song pick...

ejnovinsky

Reaction score
Been wanting to do a video for awhile now, since everyone else here does such good ones, and I get a kick out of seeing the crazy stuff people figure out how to cover on ukulele. However I wanted to do a song where I couldnt find another ukulele version on youtube, and make it kind of unique. It has been a hard search, someone has covered just about everything. However today I think I got it figured. Was watching some old metal videos on youtube today, and saw a Warrant song on the sidebar when I clicked it to watch I noticed one of the comments said "Jani Lane-R.I.P." so I did a search and sure enough he died in August of this year. I was a huge Warrant fan back in the day, and I have no idea how I missed this, but there it is. So I was bummed out listening to Warrant noodling around with my ukulele, and "I saw red" the acoustic version came on. Before too long I had some of the basic chords figured, and after a trip to ultimate guitar tabs to fill in some holes I had the song just about down. I searched youtube, and no one has done it before. So what the hell in honor of Jani Lane, and my hair metal roots Ill do "I saw red". I just need to figure out the fingerpicking for the opening, but if I cant Ill just record it strummed, might be out of my skill level yet. So hopefully coming soon!

Top Bottom