tenor same pitch as soprano/concert?

mogen317

Reaction score
Hi,

is gCEA tuned tenor ukulele an octave lower than a soprano/concert or are the strings the same pitch?

thanks

Same... unless you go for a low G. Everything should be the same.

SSBeta, you gotta get out more, kid. Where are you in So Cal? You are more than welcome to come play all my ukes. Or join us at Island Bazaar. 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Tuesday nights are Kolohe 7-9, every Thursday night is Uke Jam from 6:30-8:30 and Friday AM from 10:30-noon is Stummers. $5. cover at the door. Her store is open M-F days if you can't make it to a uke group. Shirley is super cool about letting you mess with her inventory. Tell her you are a friend of Sally's.

The tuning is the same, but you get different vibes from each one.

Off-topic: I almost made the 70mi trip to Island Bazaar for a new ukulele, but I ended up buying online from MGM. It can take over 2 hours in 405 traffic. I'll try going when everyone goes back to school.

Off-topic: I almost made the 70mi trip to Island Bazaar for a new ukulele, but I ended up buying online from MGM. It can take over 2 hours in 405 traffic. I'll try going when everyone goes back to school.
Don't forget IB has a site...www.ukuleleparadise.com

(really, I don't work for her or anything....just want to keep the lady in business!)

Top Bottom