what the world needs is...

H

Hippie Dribble

...another uke version of the traditional song "Wandering Boy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6zfcTOnY8w

you can blame aaron keim and ambient doughnut for this. just learnt it and recorded in a half an hour this morning, and it shows.. with a glitch or two at the end where I missed the string...he he they say patience is a virtue but alas, I am a restless wanderer like our subject at hand. Was really surprised at how easy it was to play though, I'd probably watched aaron's and gav's vids a dozen times each and thought, naaa, can't do that, but it fit my playing style like a glove. Hoping to learn more of these bluegrass type tunes as I have an all maple concert on the way which has been described to me by Gordon as a "Clawhammer Dream"...woooo-hoooooo

thanks for watching gang!

Last edited:
A solid sender mate- love the "kids" in the background...jeez, you have more of those than Char and Gordon do :)
Did you get your old BU? I got another May bell on the way (sigh- I am weak) this week, can't wait to show her off.

A solid sender mate- love the "kids" in the background...jeez, you have more of those than Char and Gordon do :)
Did you get your old BU? I got another May bell on the way (sigh- I am weak) this week, can't wait to show her off.

cheers for the comment Dave. May have another go at this melody down the track.

Na, missed out on a couple of those beaut ol banjo ukes, one was simply a result of my own stupidity but there you go. Aaron is sprucing up an old warhorse for me as we speak so I hope to have some pics etc soon. Which one was the one you bought...was it privately? or ebay? You must put up some shots of it when you get it, and a video...

That's a dandy toe tapper. Would be nice tune on that banjo uke you've been after.

thanks mate. Yeah, it would sound great on an ol' banjo uke too...Aaron is currently doing one up for me I think. Hope to get a hold of it soon...

I can't play clawhammer at all...but I kind of have developed my own Tasmanian redneck one finger technique which I can usually adapt and use in those type of songs :eek:

Nicely done, Jon.... definitely diggin the one-finger-redneck-Tasmanian style.......might have to try and throw a little Georgia in there for myself.....

hey brother, maybe we should invent a new Tassie-Georgia redneck ukulele method. We're both well credentialed in the redneck department if nothing else... :)

And he does it again !

That was great. I love the kind of atmosphere those song have and you nailed it ! I would love to see you and Dougf do a duo !

Thanks Luc and itsme.

Just got my all maple concert yesterday, so looking forward to playing this tune on it too...

Aloha Eugene,
Maybe I should get an alert notice when you post a video...shoots missed this one again...Awesome and love that style...you hit another hit again..WOW lookie at all them Mya Moe's
on the sofa there....your user name should be MM Eugene....ha ha thank you for sharing....happy strummings..MM Stan

In my lifetime I couldn't play like that.. What are you talking about? that was awesome.. and I love your little friends hanging out with you!

Great! It's not hard to figure out is it? Just hard to play well. But you nailed it as always! :)

I see what you mean that it's not exactly a clawhammer that you're doing but it gets a very similiar sound and great tone. Conversely, I can't crack your strum'n'pick style which is frustrating as it creates a really nice full arrangement.

hey Stan and Carrie, thanks guys. Always nice to have the friends around...they were a little shy but at least agreed to be in the background. :eek:

Great! It's not hard to figure out is it? Just hard to play well. But you nailed it as always! :)

I see what you mean that it's not exactly a clawhammer that you're doing but it gets a very similiar sound and great tone. Conversely, I can't crack your strum'n'pick style which is frustrating as it creates a really nice full arrangement.

thanks Gav. In truth, it was watching you play it that got me off my ass and give it a try mate. You made it look effortless on your video. Watch this peeps...
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...y-Clawhammer-Reso-Content&highlight=wandering
and cheers on the comment mate...I guess we all have develope our own style with the uke, eh. I am self taught and so have kinda got my own way...for better or worse, like we all do... :eek:

Top Bottom