Kook-a-lele floating bridge dimensions and/or pictures needed

Colonel Uke

Reaction score
I just picked up off an auction site a very kool, Swagerty Kook-a-lele. While the pegs are all intact the floating bridge is missing. That's really the only issue with it. I know these used a floating bridge similar to a banjo uke. I've got some scrap rosewood and am thinking about trying to make a bridge for it similar to the original one. Is there anyone out there who has one of these Swagerty ukes ( I think the bridges are the same on all of them) who would be willing to post a picture of their bridge with dimensions? Height, length, width etc?

I have a Swagerty singing treholipee. They do have a type of floating style bridge, but they are riveted to the soundboard. And the action is ridiculously high on them. Since you are making a new bridge, I would take the opportunity to decrease the height of the bridge to lower the action. I can post a pic and give you some dimensions later on today when I get home from work.

Interesting. I haven't gotten mine in yet, but from the pictures, it doesn't look like there are any holes in the soundboard where rivets would have gone. I'll have to look closer when I get it.

Erm.... the bridge should NOT be riveted to the soundboard. Perhaps, dckrown, you got one that had already fallen victim to a do-it-yourselfer?... I was going to take measurements from my bridge, but then realized my Polk-a-Lay-Lee is not actually a Swagerty product, so the bridges may not be identical.

I have a treholipee as well. The action is a high on mine but not terribly so. I don't remember if the bridge is attached in some way on mine. I did change the strings a while back. If need be, let me know and I would be happy to send pictures and if my bridge comes off, I could trace it for you and send that in the mail.

Get a banjo uke bridge at Ukulele World. $6.75 plus shipping.

Thanks. I saw those, I was just hoping to maybe make something that looked a little more like the original one. That may end up being my backup though.

Hey Paul,

The dimensions of the bridge on my Singing Treholipee are 3 3/8" w x 13/32 h to the top of the saddle x 13/32 d. I hope the photos help.

You can see that my bridge has been riveted on .

011.jpg
010-1.jpg
012-1.jpg
002.jpg

Erm.... the bridge should NOT be riveted to the soundboard. Perhaps, dckrown, you got one that had already fallen victim to a do-it-yourselfer?... I was going to take measurements from my bridge, but then realized my Polk-a-Lay-Lee is not actually a Swagerty product, so the bridges may not be identical.

Hey Ernie. You can see that the bridge on my Polk-A-Lay-Lee is diferent than the one on my Treholipee.

008-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and the measurements. Shouldn't have problem whittling one of those out. What material is your original made of, wood or plastic?

Thanks for the pictures and the measurements. Shouldn't have problem whittling one of those out. What material is your original made of, wood or plastic?

Plastic. The bridge and saddle are one piece.

The bridge on my Treholipee is a little different from the one in the first pictures. It is basically a triangular piece of wood. It is anchored with two tiny set nails, one on either side of the bridge. Sorry for the blurry pictures, I took them with my camera phone......
c3524e92.jpg

5ee286f5.jpg

Top Bottom