PDA

View Full Version : Plateau #2 sorted!!!

kaizersoza
10-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Well what a terrific tuesday this is turning out to be, I have been struggling of late with my fretting, always just missing my chords or just plucking the wrong string when plucking a solo, but today my friends, i have just banged out a 2 hour practise and played really well, ok yes there were some mistakes, i am not perfect, but what a difference, half the time i was'nt even looking at where my fingers were fretting they just found the right strings, this is a major breakthrough for me and I AM CHUFFED (happy) onwards and upwards, never surrender, youtube vid soon, then world domination, then........oops getting a bit carried away there sorry folks

kaizerukulelesoza :drool:

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
10-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Congratulations, kaizersoza. Every breakthrough moment feels great---thanks for sharing your progress. Hopefully, you'll inspire other players to keep working toward that next goal.

Oh, and please be kind once you've taken over the world. Thanks.

Trinimon
10-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Congrats!! I know that feeling!! I still need the odd visual cue for some chords though. Don't ask me to do that and barre a chord just yet! The screw up just throws any hint of harmony out the door. :p

Uke Whisperer
10-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Congratulations! Hitting a plateau is a horrible feeling, but once you get through it the feeling hinges on incretible!

I have hit plenty during the last 9 months, but I did get through them. I'm sure I'll make it through the next ones as I am sure you will too! "Keep on practicing"!!

mm stan
10-18-2011, 10:49 AM
isn't it a good feeling when that day comes and things just go right and works....happy moments...a real motivator

PhilUSAFRet
10-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Congrats! I guess that's what practice does for ya. I really need more practice.