Kudos to Kamaka customer service

Gadzukes!

Reaction score
Yesterday I sent an email to Kamaka asking a fairly random question about a used instrument which I acquired. Lo and behold today I get a personal call from someone at Kamaka to answer my questions. She explained that they get so many emails, sometimes it's easier to phone people back to answer them.

How great is that? In an age when many companies take days or weeks to respond to customer emails (if they even respond at all), Kamaka chose to call me back to answer a question about some bracing behind the label on my instrument, something totally trivial.

Big thumbs up to Kamaka—it's that kind of attention that has kept them around longer than any other ukulele maker. :D

Agreed. I got my Kamaka a little over a year ago. They have been great responding to my e-mails and phone calls.

I bet it was "Tekla", she is very nice and works in the front office.

Last edited:
Very nice to see that. However, I guess I now sort of expect that from companies like Hawai'ian premier uke builders. I've had some silly questions to Kamaka, KoAloha, and Kanile'a and have received quick and helpful replies from all very fast. In fact, I had a question about my new Kanile'a and got a reply back from Joe Souza himself.

It seems that while such personal and attentive customer support is rare among the high-volume players, it's standard operating procedure for the better builders. And that does make sense if you think about it.

Last edited:
I bet it was "Tekla", she is very nice and work in the front office.

I agree, had to have been Tekla. She is very nice and always calls. She did as Kamaka was repairing my vintage pineapple! Great people and service!!!

This is nice information for someone like me, who might buy a new uke in the future. These kind of kudo's might push me in the Kamaka-direction.

Mahalo Nui....thank you for sharing your experience with Kamaka ukulele...always nice to hear good things about their customer service..it makes the day alot brighter...

I hope if anything comes up about my new Big Island, they respond accordingly. We'll see.

I had a similar experience after I emailed them concerning dating my then recently acquired Kamaka soprano. Tekla was able to answer all my questions, some of which were fairly obscure being that she had never seen the instrument.
I've also have had similar experiences when I contacted Martin Guitars concerning some vintage and not so vintage guitars I own.

Top Bottom