Ordered Super Concert from Kamaka 10/18/11

kamaka_4_life

Reaction score
Hey UU members, haven't been on in a looooooong time, but I just wanted to say that I went to Kamaka today and placed an order for a "special" super concert! Got a bunch of mods to it, and the grand total is about $2,036. However, this past weekend I got 1st in the 16-18 age division at the Duke's Ukes contest traded it in, and got credit for the new one! Can't wait, and I will keep you all posted once it is done :p

Aloha k4l,
Congrats on the forthcoming uke, and congrats bigtime for winning the uke contest.....you go, fellow Kalihian.
Kalihi Rules.................................BO......................................

If you can play like that you might as well get one to your specs. congratulations.

Congrats and congrats!!!!

What mods did you get? Hope the wait is not too long. Long forward to some pics when it arrives.

So, curiosity got the better of me. What custom options did you bling out on your new Kamaka? :p
Ok I will list them for you all haha

Ukulele: Concert Long Neck (Serial #11) idk if it is actually only #11 they made haha
(Special-Keys)
Sides, Top, and Back Koa Premium Full Curl (4A)
Fingerboard (Ebony)
Fingerboard Dots (MOP)
Bridge ebony
Faceplate Ebony with MOP KK inlay
Key: Mini (Gibson Shaft Gold/Acrylic Button)
Pickup: Active Saddle (Fishman Matrix Infinity)

:D

Damn! Sounds like mighty sweet options! So we shoudl expect to see some pics in 3-6wks. lol

Ok I will list them for you all haha

Ukulele: Concert Long Neck (Serial #11) idk if it is actually only #11 they made haha
(Special-Keys)
Sides, Top, and Back Koa Premium Full Curl (4A)
Fingerboard (Ebony)
Fingerboard Dots (MOP)
Bridge ebony
Faceplate Ebony with MOP KK inlay
Key: Mini (Gibson Shaft Gold/Acrylic Button)
Pickup: Active Saddle (Fishman Matrix Infinity)

:D

Congratulations on the new Kamaka Special you'll be receiving and for winning the Duke's contest! Brah you gotta post a video of it!

So you win the 16-18 year old category and you've already bought a $2,000 uke? Dude, where do you go from here?? LOL!.Heck, if you were my kid and won that contest I'd buy you one too!

Congratulations on the new Kamaka Special you'll be receiving and for winning the Duke's contest! Brah you gotta post a video of it!
Thank you! Once I receive the Uke, I will post a vid of myself playing the piece I did at Duke's :)

So you win the 16-18 year old category and you've already bought a $2,000 uke? Dude, where do you go from here?? LOL!.Heck, if you were my kid and won that contest I'd buy you one too!
Haha I exchange the Soprano I won from the contest, do I received $750 credit. Good thing it's not $2,000!! LOL

Hey guys, so i'm wondering if I should call Kamaka back, and ask them if they could inlay my initials on the fretboard? That way it is really personal haha, what do you guys think?

THAT would be very personal indeed. At you got the skills to back it up. lol
The only iffy is if you ever decide to sell it, not that you'd want to resell your Kamaka.

Hey guys, so i'm wondering if I should call Kamaka back, and ask them if they could inlay my initials on the fretboard? That way it is really personal haha, what do you guys think?

Top Bottom