Prices of ukuleles getting poised for price increase

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Well it has already started with the Pono line going up about $20.00 or so on the mahogany line. The new Acacia models will now be their least expensive line.
2012 is expected to be a slightly more costly on instruments too, as wages in Asia increase and the cost of oversea shipping increases. Also certain tonewoods will be on the rise as well. Grrrr! Inflation!!!
The good thing is the price of ukuleles are still an incredible value when compared to many other stringed instruments with similar features.
You ever price bagpipes?
One more thing totally unrelated, peanut butter is supposed to go up $1.00 a jar! I love peanut butter!:eek:

Really, as twenty-dollar bump is not outrageous. I prefer seeing the ukulele manufacturers all making a profit and staying in business than tightening the belt and going out of business. I wish them all success.

I guess it depends on whether that 20 buck bump is on a Dolphin or a KoAloha. If the latter, it's hardly noticeable. :)

shucks..time to stockpile the peanut butter then...especially the smooth stuff. ;)

I just received an email from Ukulele Source saying Kamaka is going to have a price increase Nov. 1.

One more thing totally unrelated, peanut butter is supposed to go up $1.00 a jar! I love peanut butter!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... :uhoh:

Top Bottom