Special Black Bear Tenor with MiSi Pickup

marymac

Reaction score
SOLD!

This lovely koa body/cedar top tenor was built by by Duane Heileman in 2003. The cedar/koa combination gives it a nice warm tone in either high or low G (currently low-G). The radiused fretboard and professional setup make is super easy to play.

What makes this tenor really special though - besides Duane's super neat workmanship - is the inlay. It has the sun, moon and stars inlaid on the fretboard so it really stands out.

The body decor is simple, letting the fretboard really shine. The binding is ivoroid with black and maple purfling and a matching rosette. The effect is really lovely.

This uke originally had an older undersaddle pickup which I recently upgraded to a MiSi so it's also ready to plug in and play.

Condition is excellent in spite of the years of playing. There are a couple pinhead sized impressions in the soundboard but no strum marks or other damage to the finish (see pictures). Uses Planetary 5-star tuners with hand made buttons.

Since I know someone will ask: I'm selling to concentrate on my concert and baritone ukes so I'm only keeping one tenor and finding new homes for the others. I also HAVE to rehome some ukes to keep peace on the homefront and I'm very very fond of peace.

Duane doesn't make many ukes as unique as this any more so this is a collector's item. Please let me know if you have any questions. Paypal preferred, shipping included to US. International shipping is at cost. Thanks!

i-KFfwtWC-XL.jpg

i-Jgstvb2-XL.jpg

i-MmCbQzh-XL.jpg

i-FtTRF8Z-XL.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I would call a signature uke. If I bought it everyone would know I was the player. Kind of like the Kamaka Jake tenor, oh wait, Kamaka is now selling Jake replicas!

:wallbash: WTF????

where'd this go and how did I miss it...

:(

Top Bottom