What's the Hot (Moderately Priced) Uke Now-a-days?

Paul December

Reaction score
I've been playing uke for just over 2 years now and have seen the...
Kala Archtop
Kala Acacia
Mainland Ukes and BanjoUkes
...get people excited. What *new* out there seems to be exciting people?

from my observations, people are just in a state of perpetual excitement at the moment...so many new models being released by different makers it's hard to keep up with: ots of new builders; new woods with the Ohana ukes; pineapples from Mya Mo; a resurgence in demand and prices on vintage ukes and banjo ukes etc etc....whew....I'm gettin all shaky again, eugenie, where's that medication dear??? :eek:

Kanilea's Islander line is new and exciting---new affordable ukes from a K-brand. Also, I keep reading that people love their Mele ukuleles.

Personally, I've got solid wood and solid plastic ukuleles. Now I'm curious about solid grass---bamboo---ukuleles.

I like Pono's, but not at full price

Well...I sell out fast on all those Ohana new ukes like the Tiple, Myrtles and 38 sopranos, Sailors have a line of preorders, Kala acacia and Mainlands still stoke the fires and well just about everything really is hot.

What do you mean "Moderately Priced" for a uke? $500? $300?

What do you mean "Moderately Priced" for a uke? $500? $300?
500?!
...I don't know about others, but I would consider moderately priced as $200-$300.
$500 IMBestGuess would account for less than 10% of all ukes sold.
I think $200 starts becoming "real money" ... and of course we always goes over-budget ($300)

OK. Now we know the range where you are looking: $200 - $300.
Hmm. Lots of ukes in that range.

In the New and Hot category:
Maybe an Ohana SK-38 for a soprano or a banjo uke (like the firefly or Mainland banjolele).
An Eleuke Peanut for sure if they were currently available.

UkeRepublic should know best what's hot.

I would look into some of the Kamoa line. Great sounding ukes at that price point.

Top Bottom