strumming help

remy

Reaction score
Sorry if this post should go under "song help", but it seems too idiotic to go anywhere but the kiddie pool section...

So can anyone tell me what is going on with the strumming here? I can do this song with a down, down, up, up, down... but I do this for EVERYTHING and I really want to expand on my strumming. I really like this strum in this video (actually, I like this video for a lot of reasons!), so I'd love to figure out what's going on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pkjA5mdAJA

It sounds to me like in every 8 strums he is hitting every down stroke but only hitting up on strum 2 and strum 5. So it would be down, down up, down, down, down up, down, down, down.

It's basically something like this:

Code:
Beat:  | 1 & | 2 & | 3 & | 4 & | 5 & | 6 & | 7 & | 8 & |
Strum: | D   |   U | D U | D   |   U | D   | D   | D   |

It's called a guitar.........sorry couldn't resist. Remember though the same strum will sound very different on a uke. Ukes just don't have the sustain that a guitar has. My Baritone has the most. Seems the bigger the body, the more the sustain. A low G string helps too.

Seeso, I love you man, and there's not a thing you can do about it! Your rendition of it is working for me pretty well, but I still need to get it to flow and all that.

so that make an 8 string an out of tune Mandolin???

Top Bottom