Got the wife to actually sing!

TCK

Reaction score
Long day ends in Ukulele fun, a little Merle and a bottle of wine...
and the video camera.
Check it- I got Melissa to sing on one finally!

Last edited:
Loved it, Dave! Pass my compliments on to your better half, as well..... I'm diggin on the old Hag tunes you've been pulling out lately - it's like musical protein. I've been trying to get my wife to play and sing with me on a video for months.... maybe someday.....

geez that was good. You guys are fantastic together. Mel, your playing is going great, looking forward to more singing from you! And Dave, superb singing mate, that song really brought out the strength in your voice, not to mention the fab whistling. Just loved it all round. Bravo!!!

That was great! You two did a wonderful job!

You all are the bestest- thanks for the nice compliments.
Bill- I will probably sing Hag tunes for the rest of my life :)
I will pass the kind words on to Melissa as well- she works real hard at it and will like to hear it is paying of from someone but me

Aloha DAve,
Really nice job for the both of you...enjoyed it ....whaaa you gave Mel your martin??? now thats true love...Thank you for sharing..Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Thanks again for all the nice comments folks-
Stan, that girl is worth ten of those old Martin's :)
Doc- his biggest influence as far as I can tell was Jimmie Rodgers- if you don't have a lot of Jimmie- start there as it fits the time period you ought to have been born in perfectly (me too)

Thanks again for all the nice comments folks-
Stan, that girl is worth ten of those old Martin's :)
Doc- his biggest influence as far as I can tell was Jimmie Rodgers- if you don't have a lot of Jimmie- start there as it fits the time period you ought to have been born in perfectly (me too)

Absolutely! What songs!

Also Lefty Frizzell (later)

Aw I enjoyed that so much!

Long day ends in Ukulele fun, a little Merle and a bottle of wine...
and the video camera.
Check it- I got Melissa to sing on one finally!
[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/boweewowee?feature=mhee[/video]

Very Nice!

But I noticed that you also got her to sing on the chorus, 3 months ago, when you did "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere" (Of course, your lyrics are the OTHER version.. the one I don't know... yet!)

-Kurt​

Thanks so much folks- I appreciate the kindness (of course you are just egging me on)
Yeah John...shoot, I gave her your May Bell. She won't let me play it anyway :)
Kurt- I guess I meant whole song (well she took a line to get warmed up). She NEVER sings, even when she is figuring out new tunes- drives me nuts. Are you talking Dylan versus Byrds version? Sad to say, I don't have the Dylan one (ducks)- never was much of a fan (ducks again). Ever since I was a little boy I loved the steel guitar in the Byrds version- dad took me to meet the man who played it last year and I was over the moon- sad really to see me act so silly.

I don't know if it was Dylan or the Birds - learned it from someone else in High School.

Cloud so swift/ the rain falling in
Going to see a movie called Gunga Din
Pack up your trouble/ put your tent in the wind
You ain't goin' nowhere

oo-wee riding me high
Tomorrow's the day my Bride's gonna come
Hold on, are we gonna fly
Down into the easy chair.

Ghengis Khan and his brother Don
Could not keep on keepin' on
We'll cross that bridge after it's gone
After we're way past here.

(Chorus)

I'll buy her a ring and a gun that sings
A flute that toots, and a bee that stings
A fly that flies, and a bird that cries
A fish that walks, and a dog that talks.

Final chorus

Now that I read the lyrics, I'm pretty sure that we can dismiss any question of whether or not Bob Dylan ever wrote any lyrics while under the influence of mind altering substances.

As to being a fan of Bobby Zimmerman, [and seeing that I'm a but older than you are], I think it is safe to say that I think of Bob Dylan and Tom Waits similarly: They both write some damned fine songs, but listening to them sing is more often painful than not.

-Kurt​

Hahahaha- I love Tom Waits! Doesn't hurt that he recorded a lot of tunes about a block from where I went to college, but I have heard this sentiment from many a non-believer :) As for Dylan- um yeah...I will take Woody Guthrie any day

Top Bottom