Milfoil Presentation Blues

Lanark

Reaction score
Milfoil Presentation Blues

This was originally a little bit of music that I put together as a soundtrack for a group Power Point presentation that I had to do for a Biology class last semester. Unfortunately when we did our actual presentation we couldn't get the sound to work. But we did get an "A".
So I present it here in its latest (but probably not final) incarnation.

The uke I'm playing is the carbon fiber backed Casanova tenor built by Steve Sydow and is currently strung with Worth browns. (& actually a baritone set) and though the ukulele does have a Misi, this is acoustic.

Aloha Lanark,
Nice job and sounded nice...and a nice slim line ukulele....thank you for sharing..Happy Strummings..MM Stan

This is brilliant Lanark. Your uke playing is awesome and what a sweet sounding uke. Top stuff mate, cheers.

That sounded terrific! I have some personal experience with milfoil, since it has completely taken over our lake and has made much of it unfishable.
Any chance that in your presentation you found out how to destroy it?

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. Nice to log on to a computer after a few days and see.

And finkdaddy, as far as I remember from our research, due to the nature of eurasian milfoil where even the smallest strand can turn itself back into a full fledged plant, once it's there all you can really do is control it.
The 3 major things are physically pulling it out (or in some cases using giant threshing machines that eat everything.), there's some chemical weedkiller stuff that is used and the third is a type of underwater weevil that's native to North America that finds milfoil especially tasty. There was also some stuff about leaving shade at the water's edge to retard growth since it like sun and shallow water.

The funny thing is that until I posted the video, I didn't realize how many Milfoil Power Pointk Presentations there were on Youtube.

Top Bottom