Any Uké "Lefties" out there?

UkeLad

Reaction score
Aloha! No I'm not being political - I'm referring to left hand rather than left wing! :D

I'm a 'lefty' and I know a few other musicians who are also left-handed - I've resturng many instruments to adopt me, but have to say that the Uke is THE best instrument for doing this with (as all strings are similar thickness, so no need to adjust the top nut or bridge).

Just wondered how many people on here are also Lefties?

:)

Hello,

I am also a lefty. I personaly find that the nut needs to be adjusted for the C string on most ukuleles. There is a lefty group on this forum that I would like to revive. Just see under my profile and join !

Ive never had to make adjustments to any of my ukes to string them lefty. I agree, the uke is such a terrific instrument to begin with and to be a such a tolerant instrument on top of that.:) Hard to beat in my opinion.

I'm a lefty too, there's more ukulele lefties than you'd imagine! :) I've never thought about the string sized and the slot sizes when restringing, might have to have a closer look at my ukes and see if there's much difference.

My wife is a guitar-playing lefty, been thinking about getting her a uke for Christmas...... didn't think it through enough to realize that there aren't 'lefty' ukes like there are for guitars..... hmmmm......

Most good dealers will set up the uke lefty if you ask. Obviously this won't work for cut aways.

I was taught basic Ukulele by my Uncle who was right-handed, unlike myself. We only had one uke to learn on, so I learned to play without any adjustments. What's funny is I never understood the concept of
restringing until much later, so I never understood what was so cool about playing "upside-down". It was "right-side up" to me!

Top Bottom