Any newbies playing Acoustic AND Electric?

Sporin

Reaction score
Started playing an acoustic in March. REALLY love it. Fiddled around with an electric and decided to spend a little mad money on an inexpensive electric set up.

For around $300 total I got an Eleuke and a Line6 15w amp. It's a lot of fun to play. I can bang out rock licks and chords now and relive my 80's rock star dreams. :)

I still really enjoy my Kala acoustic. They feel very different, play very different... but each is great in it's own respect.

I'm not positive I'll hang onto the Line6. It's a great "rock" amp, and won a lot of "Best Under $100" comparo's but I'm having trouble getting just a clean, distortion and echo free note out of it. There's always some reverb no matter what. I may sell it and buy something else... not sure yet.

Here's my setup.

eleukeandline6amp.jpg

So... any other newbies so obsessed they are expanding their uke horizons right away? Or are you guys keeping it acoustic until you master your instruments?

Hey.. I have a luna acoustic I bought about a year ago, after playing a cheapy uke then I purchased an eleuke too. I have the same line 6 amp and a vox mini 3. I prefer the vox and my boys are happy cause they bang on their guitars and love the line 6.. it's win win..
I love them both too...

Newbie looking for an acoustic-electric uke too...

Howdy Ukies,

I am a day 1 member and total ukie newbie (no musician background...) just got a gift of a generic soprano, restrung it lefty for myself and have a clip-on tuner...so watching some youtube video lessons for 3 days (from Hawaii Music Supply online by Aaron) I am beginning to make some 'improvised' music with my new uke... :)

And I have already started researching brands and types and sizes and came across the Kala KA -TE Tenor Electric that Cory Fujimoto plays at their website (He of course is a Master, so he could make a kitchen spoon sound fantastic), so I have already started dreaming of getting "electric" with my next uke (maybe by Christmas :)

So this topic you introduced is perfect for me follow... I am happy to learn from you'all...

Lefty in Ukie Kindergarden...

Kasha

Thank you Trinimon, and all the contributors to these 'encyclopedias' of Uke:

These are great resources about electrifying a ukulele: the first is an education about the Uke electronics, the gizmos that go inside and/or on the uke... the second is about the amps...

I was happy to find the DanElectro mini amps that are small enough to clip on your belt (battery powered) for street performing, but also accommodates an AC Adapter for home practice, and also accommodates headphones so you can play uke without worrying about the neighbors...

I have to maintain some patience before jumping to buy this amp, because first I have to buy my new concert size uke that comes "electric-ready"...

It's like being a teenager again... way kool...

Kasha-LU ('Lectric Uke) soon...

I have a DanElectro amp. I love it! It will eat those 9v batteries, and you will need their wall wart so you don't induce a buzz. I've used it a lot with my electric violin. It's not as clean as a much more expensive tube amp., but does work very nice, and can get more volume than a cheap 5 watt, 6" speaker, 110v amp I have at home. I'll be plugging in my new Luna acoustic/electric concert tat into later this next month. Uke hasn't shipped yet, it's on back order. I got my DanElectro from Amazon, with the wall wart. I bought the red brick color one. I may grab a white one later this year, or for myself for Christmas. It should work grat with the uke. I've had mine for 2 years now, it travels with me on a semi, and still works like new.

Top Bottom