Eleuke strings?

kenikas

Reaction score
I've got and older Eleuke that still has the original strings (GHS?), and I'm wondering what everyone prefers on them. I bought a set of the new Aquilas to put on it a while back but haven't got around to it yet, and would like to know if there are any strings you like better on the Eleukes.

I thought the Aquilas that came on my pineapple concert Eleuke sounded a bit harsh so I replaced them with Martin 600s and like the sound much better. While an Eleuke will never sound like an acoustic uke, (IMO) they are certainly fun to play.

Eleuke never came with GHS strings as far as I know.
The black strings on your Eleuke is probably Hilo strings.

I prefer them on the Eleuke. In fact, I've been thinking the last few days that I should put some Hilo's on my Eleuke (the Fremont fluorocarbons are a bit too bright sounding).

I've got and older Eleuke that still has the original strings (GHS?), and I'm wondering what everyone prefers on them. I bought a set of the new Aquilas to put on it a while back but haven't got around to it yet, and would like to know if there are any strings you like better on the Eleukes.

PUT THE AQUILAS ON IT NOW ! :):):)

You will never look back, makes it a whole new instrument.

Personally, I really dislike Aquila on the Eleuke.

yeh I didn't like the standard Aquilas on it, but the new bio ones just rock. No one was more surprised than me, I had my worth clears order all ready to go too.

Top Bottom