WTB: Pono RTSH - Rosewood/Cedar Tenor w/Slotted Headstock

Slackkey007

Reaction score
Mountain View, CA by way of Waipahu, Hawaii
Aloha fellow UUers!

I'm checking to see if anyone out there has a Pono RTSH - Rosewood/Cedar Tenor w/Slotted Headstock that they're willing to part with. The cutaway version and even the Ebony/Spruce version are okay, too. Even the Ohia/Cedar version, too.

Retailers have been out of these models for quite some time. I spoke with Customer Service @ Ko'olau and was told that January 2012 would be the earliest that the new models will come out.

So, if anyone would be willing to part with their Pono RTSH, hit me up!

Mahalo

Last edited:
WOW!!! There's been 208 views on this post, but no one wants to sell their Pono RTSH tenor uke! These ukes must be really great considering that I haven't gotten any replies from someone wanting to part with theirs. I guess I will just have to wait for the shipment of the new improved lighter build models to come out in December or January 2012.

Mahalo everyone! It was worth a try to get a pre-owned one.

I just traded one in at the Music Emporium in MA this evening. Pah. Sorry. But call them. They have it. It's in perfect condition.

I just traded one in at the Music Emporium in MA this evening. Pah. Sorry. But call them. They have it. It's in perfect condition.

Hey Gvanderloop,

Thanks for the heads up ... however, I wish that you PM'd me instead of posting here for everyone to see. Apparently, someone saw your post and snaked the uke from under me!!!:( I called the Music Emporium first thing this morning right when they opened up and they said that someone put the uke on hold already!!! SHUCKS!!! Oh well, thanks again anyway.

By the way, what did you trade up to?

Mahalo

I'm the guy that snaked the Pono. However in my defense, I did call the Music Emporium and told them to call slackkey007 to see if he still wanted it. I couldn't get it knowing that he started the thread. They called me back and said that he declined, and i ordered it. I just wanted to clarify the situation

I'm the guy that snaked the Pono. However in my defense, I did call the Music Emporium and told them to call slackkey007 to see if he still wanted it. I couldn't get it knowing that he started the thread. They called me back and said that he declined, and i ordered it. I just wanted to clarify the situation

Aloha xjumper,

Thanks for owning up to the situation. You're a good man with great character! Not many people would do so. I commend you Sir - you definitely earned my respect!

Andy from the Music Emporium called me back this morning, and said the person that put the uke on hold couldn't commit to it at this time. So, I requested to have pictures sent to me. It's a great looking uke in just about mint condition with a small minor finish blemish on the backside. It is an acoustic model with no pickup, which is something I really wanted. After giving much thought about whether I should pull the trigger or not ... I decided to let it go. In the end, it worked out for you that you ended up getting it after all. I'm happy for you. Let me know how she sounds once you get her home in your hands. I'll probably regret letting her go. SHUCKS!

Thanks again for owning up! I was pretty upset at first, but after finding out that it didn't have a pickup, I was ok with not pulling the trigger. I actually pulled the trigger on another nice uke! But I am still looking for a Pono RTSH-E!

Mahalo nui loa

Last edited:
Things have a way of working out for the best. Good luck on your quest for the Holy Pono!!

Hey,

I was surfing around Hawaii Music Supply and they seem to have the whole range. Probably give them a call?

http://www.theukulelesite.com/category/shopybybrand/pono
Good luck!

Hi Lexxy,

Thank you for the suggestion. Actually, Hawaii Music Supply was the first place that I checked out. Their website has all the pictures of all the Pono models, but they've been sold out of the Pro Classic Series tenors for quite some time. All of the retailers are sold out. The new lighter build models will be coming out sometime in December or January 2012. Thanks again!

Mahalo

Top Bottom