I got a credit on Bill Tapia's new record...

H

Hippie Dribble

...sadly, not a musical one! But as a financial contributor to the project.

You can read more about Bill's new album here:
http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=87

About 18 months ago Alyssa Archambault contacted many through the 'Kickstarter' programme, to sound out potential helpers who could provide some fiscal backup to the production of this amazing live album. I willingly volunteered, and, receiving my copy in last week's mail, found my lil name inscribed in the booklet as a contributor!!! Nothing special really, but it sure gives me a buzz to feel a part of this wonderful, wonderful release. Bill Tapia is a uke legend, in the same ball park as Cliff Edwards, Roy Smeck et al.

Just wanted to share the excitement with y'all folks! Next goal: to get a credit that is a musical one...he he..oh well, we all gotta keep dreaming, eh! :)

DSCF0014.jpgDSCF0015.jpgDSCF0016.jpg

The album itself is brilliant. They've captured a really intimate vibe, the sound is rich and warm, and the musical territory is familiar to those who have ben following Bill Tapia's career. Add to the mix some hot jazz musos, and there is over an hour of music here to lay back with and smile along... :) It's unbelievable really, the guy is 100+ years old and still playing incredible music.

Hats off Bill!

Last edited:
ha ha...walked into that one didn't I Luc!!!!! But, now you mention it, I knid of felt like a star when I saw my name up there...what the heck, sure you can mate...and, for you brother, I'll even do it for free!!! ;)
You're a star Jon !

Can I get your autograph ?

Aloha Eugene,
Wow I really forgot to contribute on that one, now to think about it...I really was going to..How is the CD???ohh I wish they sell it here..wonder if it's a private one only for contributers..
You have a big heart bruddah..nice eh to see your name up there, you deserve it....many thanks for sharing..MM Stan

Aloha Eugene,
Wow I really forgot to contribute on that one, now to think about it...I really was going to..How is the CD???ohh I wish they sell it here..wonder if it's a private one only for contributers..
You have a big heart bruddah..nice eh to see your name up there, you deserve it....many thanks for sharing..MM Stan

hey Stan, it's a great record Bruddah, and no, the music is surely for everyone! If you click on the link in the OP it'll take you to where you can buy it online. Blessings mate!

Congratulations, mate! The credit means you helped get what sounds like a great CD into the marketplace. What good is music if nobody gets to listen to it?

Cool. I got my first (and very likely last) album credit on Ukulele Jim's new album. I'm just "forgetting" to tell people it's for naming the album rather than playing on it... ;)

John

Very cool, Eugene, that's another CD to add to the "to buy" list, along with Aldrine's...

Thanks for sharing :D

So who made "Frank", the custom uke??
he he...long story Glenn, but I think Frank was built by Fred, who was the great grandson of Fotherington McDougall III...they were Scottish refugees who fled To Portugal during one of them wars and ended up on the Ravenscrag. Apparently brother Fotherington was thrown overboard for drinking too much and ended up on the shores of Waikiki Beach. He befriended brothers Nunes, Dos Santos et al and they taught him how to build ukes...evidently the lessons were passed on down the generations until Fred came up with this sweet little number that Bill fell in love with

I ordered my copy of the CD this week from CD baby (via Amazon.com) and it's on its way here. Congratulations again, Jon, for your part in making the CD happen. In light of Bill's recent passing, the CD is now a tribute to his life and career.

Top Bottom