PDA

View Full Version : Looking to trade my Lanikai (Kanile'a) LK-1s for another K brand soprano!

mthurman52
10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Hey guys I am just looking to trade my Lanikai uke for another soprono of the K brand types (just wanna try something different). Its beautiful solid Koa, Rosewood fingerboard, ebony markers with matching upgraded tusk bridgepins (damn good looking). Kanile'a made ukes for Lanikai for a short amount of time and this is one of those ukes. Made in the Kanile'a factory in Hawaii with the same care and quality! I've been told that only 200 0f these were made. Some people say that is a rumor but the serial # is 133.7 so it could be 1 out of 200!! Sounds fantastic, great shape.

Please email me at mthurman52@gmail.com

AND PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO TRADE ME ANYTHING BUT A K BRAND OR SOMETHING OF SIMILAR VALUE/QUALITY!

PoiDog
11-04-2011, 08:55 AM
I never knew that Lanikai used to be made by Joe Souza. How long ago was that?

And, just out of curiosity, if this is basically a Kanile'a (handmade by the Kanile'a guys), why do you want to get rid of it?

NatalieS
11-04-2011, 10:58 AM
I used to have one of these LK-1s models and they are pretty good ukes. PoiDog, Kanile'a made a small special set of ukes for Lanikai. Essentially they were made just like Kanile'a ukes, but with the only difference being the headstock label changed to "Lanikai". Also, these were made before the lighter soundbracing method of bracing was introduced at Kanile'a, so the bracing is the older style.

haolejohn
11-04-2011, 11:52 AM
I never knew that Lanikai used to be made by Joe Souza. How long ago was that?

And, just out of curiosity, if this is basically a Kanile'a (handmade by the Kanile'a guys), why do you want to get rid of it?

A couple of years ago...maybe 5 or so?