New case for my precious

ukunuke

Reaction score
IMG_1654.jpg

Here's my new Corvette (aka Kamoa case) for my Kanile'a tenor. I'm happy with the quality of the case, great fit and finish and I'm sure my uke will be a lot safer stowed in the overhead next time I fly. Great, fast service from Sam at Kamoa Ukuleles.

:)

That'll go from 0 - 60 in what. . . 3.6 sec?

That's really a good idea, I bought a hard case too, because I'm kinda clumsy, even though it cost almost as much as my uke.

I'm in lust. Very nice!

View attachment 29111

Here's my new Corvette (aka Kamoa case) for my Kanile'a tenor. I'm happy with the quality of the case, great fit and finish and I'm sure my uke will be a lot safer stowed in the overhead next time I fly. Great, fast service from Sam at Kamoa Ukuleles.

:)

Congratulations! I'm interested in getting one also. Did you order yours by calling Sam directly?

They are very nice cases (disclaimer: I have three of them myself) - congratulations. I'm really glad you are happy with it. I'm hoping that yours is the new strike resistant material, because my red one is really getting dinged up. If you could keep us updated about the maintaining of its condition, I'd love to know if it is truly more strike resistant now.

Nice choice, the red is really pretty. :)

Could you mention a price please? It looks very sturdy

Hi all - yes, it's sturdy, and it does look just like Lexxy's (above) on the inside. I bought it directly from Sam at Kamoa Ukulele. It was $230. I know - expensive - but my tenor was expensive too and I felt like I needed some super protection on planes from all those other mean pieces of luggage that I have to share space with. This is the newer finish, and I'll let you know how it holds up. Nowadays, the hygrometer comes attached in exactly the same place that Lexxy has hers. I got great service FAST from Sam, which is what I needed because I leave on Tuesday for the first of two long trips. There's no room for much more than an extra string or two and maybe a clip on tuner in this case. It's a tight fit, but a good one. The finish is very nice, and although I'm sure the fiberglass will start to show signs of scuff and wear quickly, the seal is great, the handles and latches very well done. And it looks FAST!

:D

I have a CF tenor size one which I like very much. I've heard that the painted fiberglass scratches easily. I also heard there is a new process that is very tough. Do you know anything about this?

Hi all - yes, it's sturdy, and it does look just like Lexxy's (above) on the inside. I bought it directly from Sam at Kamoa Ukulele. It was $230. I know - expensive - but my tenor was expensive too and I felt like I needed some super protection on planes from all those other mean pieces of luggage that I have to share space with. This is the newer finish, and I'll let you know how it holds up. Nowadays, the hygrometer comes attached in exactly the same place that Lexxy has hers. I got great service FAST from Sam, which is what I needed because I leave on Tuesday for the first of two long trips. There's no room for much more than an extra string or two and maybe a clip on tuner in this case. It's a tight fit, but a good one. The finish is very nice, and although I'm sure the fiberglass will start to show signs of scuff and wear quickly, the seal is great, the handles and latches very well done. And it looks FAST!

:D

I don't own one! It's wickedwahine11's! It looks so pretty, both blue AND red..
I have my eyes set on a new case, looks kinda like this one.. The interior is very different, very very different. But I'll just say I'm different :)
Oh and Lexxy's actually an alias for Alex...So.....He it is! :p

WOW! Lexxy - I messed that up in epic ways! My bad - apologies. And WickedW11 is definitely the one that is the prototype for this version of the case. But just in case I've really thrown everyone, I thought I'd take a couple more pics and post them. And this is one of the newer models with the 4 latches, newer finish, etc. I will let you know how it holds up to abuse.

IMG_1172.jpgIMG_1173.jpgIMG_1176.jpg

WOW! Lexxy - I messed that up in epic ways! My bad - apologies. And WickedW11 is definitely the one that is the prototype for this version of the case. But just in case I've really thrown everyone, I thought I'd take a couple more pics and post them. And this is one of the newer models with the 4 latches, newer finish, etc. I will let you know how it holds up to abuse.

View attachment 29154View attachment 29155View attachment 29156

No need to apologize, with a forum name like that, I expected it! All good fun :)
Wow that kanile'a looks beautiful and snug in that case. If I may, how much did that Kanile'a cost you?

About $1100 from MGM at last year's Denver Ukefest. In hindsight, I was lucky to get to work with Mike before all the health stuff he went through kicked in. He is such a great guy - let me take it and play for a quite awhile and decide if it was what I wanted. It's a very nice uke - my favorite. Last summer I schlepped it back to Kanile'a to have Joe drill holes for the strap buttons. That's how scared I am to mess it up. It was pretty cool to take it back to where it was made. And after Joe got done, it had that wonderful fresh koa smell from the drill holes. So now you see how I ended up buying it a corvette . . .

About $1100 from MGM at last year's Denver Ukefest. In hindsight, I was lucky to get to work with Mike before all the health stuff he went through kicked in. He is such a great guy - let me take it and play for a quite awhile and decide if it was what I wanted. It's a very nice uke - my favorite. Last summer I schlepped it back to Kanile'a to have Joe drill holes for the strap buttons. That's how scared I am to mess it up. It was pretty cool to take it back to where it was made. And after Joe got done, it had that wonderful fresh koa smell from the drill holes. So now you see how I ended up buying it a corvette . . .

Sweet deal!
Anyways I don't intend to bring the topic off it's course - to showcase the new case! (Heh heh Wordplay)

Ha! I thought I was the only one who did that. After I got my Kanile'a I took it to the factory in Kaneohe and had Joe drill the hole for the strap button for me as well. :)

And I'm glad you like the case, they aren't for everyone since you are right they don't have a lot of storage room. But I absolutely love mine - I've taken the red and blue ones on trips already and they are so incredibly light. Plus the backpack straps make getting around an airport a breeze with a uke. I'll never travel with my Ameritage or any other case again.

Thanks for mentioning the 'backpack straps'! I was just going to ask if they had them.

Your cases look beautiful and functional. This from a guy who makes gig bags from jeans
legs! No worries I also have the chip cases, padded gig bags, Gator soprano cases (2), etc.
I even use a padded sax case for my 'thinline' Leolani concert!

Congrats everyone. I hope UU gets a few pennies due to their association with Kamoa!?!

Anyway, keep uke'in',

Top Bottom