Uh-oh...

Lalz

Reaction score
I left my ukulele at work yesterday because it was pouring rain in the evening and my case isn't waterproof.

Now I'm at home with a massive cold so I haven't been able to go back to fetch it like I had planned to. I'm worried about leaving my dear uke there for too long as the building isn't heated over the week-end. :(

Should I make an effort to get out of bed and go fetch it to avoid a disaster to happen (I'v heard horror stories of wood cracking under big changes of temperature), or can I leave it there for a couple of days without worrying too much?

Thanks!

First of all get better soon...

Second, I don't think one weekend is going to ruin your Uke. I live in Minnesota and have had my Ukes through very drastic temperature changes and I have not had any issues. A lot will depend on what material your Uke is made of, laminates are the least affected and the exotic woods are more sensitive to change, but I think the real issue isn't temperature as much as humidity or lack of it...

Hope you feel better!

Thanks a million! I feel much less worried :) Now I can focus on getting better haha.
Cheers!

Top Bottom