• 12_Dec_Ohana_reso

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lori

Uke Crazy
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am finishing up the 2012 Ukulele Calendar project, to be sold on Café Press with proceeds going to the "Ukuleles For Kids" project. I need to choose the cover photo, and I would like to get your input. Please vote for your favorite. There are only 10 entries for the poll, so I will only list my top 10 choices. If you prefer one that was not listed, reply in the thread.

Thanks,
Lori

Attachments

• 2012-July-Dec.jpg
    2012-July-Dec.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 148
  • 2012-Jan-June.jpg
    2012-Jan-June.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
100% for Chuck! Of course I'm biased.

Cant wait for the new calendar. Thanks, Lori.

Some tough choices, can't wait for this to come out.

Night and Day

I really like the night and day June because it embodies the spirit of the uke. Relaxed on a beach in the sand. Not the coolest ukes but the best "feelilng" of all of them. DaSilva ain't ugly!

Night and Day

I really like the night and day June because it embodies the spirit of the uke. Relaxed on a beach in the sand. Not the coolest ukes but the best "feelilng" of all of them. DaSilva ain't ugly!

I see Chuck Moore is currently in the lead. While it's a great pic and a beautiful uke, the conservative side of me thinks perhaps the depiction of a naked lady might not be the best choice for the cover.

I went with January, even though the soundhole is different, to me it shows a more "typical" uke. The resonators, Fluke/Flea, banjo... well, they're not "typical" ukes to me.

Great shots all around, though. You did a fantastic job on the photography, Lori! :)

Great shots all around, though. You did a fantastic job on the photography, Lori! :)

I can't take credit for all the photography. Sometimes all I have to work with is studio photos from the ukulele makers. I shot the Kalas (night & day, tie die) the Flukes/ fleas (Atomic, Batik, Firefly), and the Mya-Moe. The others I supplied/ altered the backgrounds. Chuck Moore, Mike DaSilva, and Dave Talsma always have good shots of their work, and Ken Middleton shot the Ohana Reso. aNueNue provided high res studio shots on a white background, and I used some of my own photos for the background for them.
Thanks to all the contributors!
–Lori

I see Chuck Moore is currently in the lead. While it's a great pic and a beautiful uke, the conservative side of me thinks perhaps the depiction of a naked lady might not be the best choice for the cover.

I went with January, even though the soundhole is different, to me it shows a more "typical" uke. The resonators, Fluke/Flea, banjo... well, they're not "typical" ukes to me.

I agree with itsme on most of this. Awesome job Lori, can't wait for this year's calendar, it looks wonderful.

Yeah, not sure the Chuck Moore is a good cover shot. Some interesting ukes to pick from and that Ohana reso is sick!!! But the conservative in me won out and voted DaSilva all the way!

All the best with it Lori, sure it'll be another huge success. :)

I think the night and day is the most appealing photo for making someone want that calendar.

I think the night and day is the most appealing photo for making someone want that calendar.

Yes, I don't want this to be "vote for your favorite uke"... I want to know which one is the best for selling Ukulele Calendars. Think of people browsing on Café Press for a Ukulele calendar or Ukulele related gift item.

–Lori

that's cool Lori, we realise that. there's so many ways you can go...do you want bright and colourful, slightly arty, conservative and classy, in your face and bold...opinions are gonna be as varied as the people making them i guess. They're all awesome pictures, no doubt. I like the refined elegance of the DaSilva, not cause it's my fave uke, but beause of the shot itself. It's gonna be a fab calendar, can't wait. :)
Yes, I don't want this to be "vote for your favorite uke"... I want to know which one is the best for selling Ukulele Calendars. Think of people browsing on Café Press for a Ukulele calendar or Ukulele related gift item.

–Lori

I liked the Chuck, with the DaSilva in second place.

I voted for August, primarily for the Hawaiian background. All the photos are great and the ukuleles are wonderful, but in the absence of a photo of a truly "traditional" ukulele, the August photo evokes Hawaii for me more than the other photos.

Great job on the calendar! I'll definitely be buying some as gifts.

Aloha Lori,
I like the way you set up the photos and things related in each photo....personally the tye dye uke and lava lamp pic gets my vote... great job and a great calendar...

I voted for the tiedie Kala--love the colors. I'd love to be able to hang this calendar in my elementary music room, but the March uke would prohibit that. You might think about changing March, since the proceeds go for Ukes in the schools. Just my little 2cents/just a thought. (I'd have to rip out the March picture in order to display the calendar. And I'd like the kids to be able to see all the other ukuleles.....)

I voted for the tiedie Kala--love the colors. I'd love to be able to hang this calendar in my elementary music room, but the March uke would prohibit that. You might think about changing March, since the proceeds go for Ukes in the schools. Just my little 2cents/just a thought. (I'd have to rip out the March picture in order to display the calendar. And I'd like the kids to be able to see all the other ukuleles.....)
Interesting problem. It is possible I could make 2 options for the calendar, one with the nude, and one with more photos from the dragon uke. I will think about that. I do like the nude, and I have never seen anybody care if children see nudes at a Museum of Art, but I could see how some folks might object to it in a classroom. Maybe you could sharpie in a bikini. There is so little Art appreciation taught in the schools.

–Lori

Top Bottom