Aaron Keim's "The Quiet American, Vol II" is a great record

23skidoo

Reaction score
I've seen Mr. Keim's You Tube performances and made much use of his instructional material, but I recently got a copy of his latest album, "The Quiet American, Vol. II". If you haven't heard it yet, you should do yourself a favor and pick it up.

It has a great mix of original and traditional tunes. His songwriting definitely holds up against against the established material - he has written some really good songs for this album. The blend of uke, banjo, and guitar is great. The recording is very good. There's just nothing wrong with this album. At all.

I've always enjoyed his stuff, on YT and here and there, but I was blown away by the performances and the audio quality that went into this professionally recorded album.

If you like traditional American music you should give it a shot - you can download it from his website:

http://quietamericanmusic.com/Q/Store.html

Yep, brilliant record. Nice post 23 skidoo. I think I've mentioned it too in a number of posts over the last few months...Aaron is a wonderful muso with a depth of understanding of traditional material and the history of the songs. His songwriting is top class, the production superb, the arrangements sparse, gentle, but dead-on.

Hmm...the only other album I've played more than this one this year is drbekken's 'JazzBluesRagtimeVaudeville'

I've been meaning to pick up the Good Doctor's record.... something to do this evening......

Wonder if he sold his Da Silva Style 3 replica...

I sent a pm asking him if it was still available and got no response. I saw he had taken it off the blocks on his website so assumed it sold.

Top Bottom