Guy or Girl?

• Guy

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Girl

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

VengefulTikiGod

Reaction score
Compared to the acoustic guitar forum I frequent at harmony-central.com, UU seems to have a much higher percentage of ladies. I wonder what accounts for that disparity? Just for some relatively unscientific fun, I have included a poll. Cast your vote, represent your gender, and share your thoughts on the issue, taking care not to be misogynistic/misandristic of course :D

Last edited:
thats why i came...

that didnt sound right, did it?

LMAO !

Me and Barry White looovvvveeee the ladies. Even the lady snakes.

07barrywhitebq3.jpg

I voted for the girls. FTW!

They tend to whine less about stupid technical ukulele details.

Really? Only 4 ladies so far? Come on, I know you're out there!

I dunno. Maybe I think I'm seeing more than there are due to the popularity of female ukulele YouTubers like Julia Nunes. YouTube, UU, there's a lot of overlap. Whether there are more of them or not, you definitely seem to SEE a higher ratio of female ukulele players than female acoustic guitar players (to say nothing of electric guitar players). Well, no, then again... bah, I'm just guessing. Basically, out of the humble ukulele YouTube community, there are several highly visible and popular women. That's not quite so much the case in the acoustic guitar world.

Hmm I dunno. I was still kind of expecting more. I suppose I could go off and pontificate about gender roles in Western society, but ultimately, it is what it is. So everybody get out there and give ukuleles to girls.

I'm a girl and I've taught my three daughters and one son to play the uke so the ratio is right where it should be in my world.....

Top Bottom