Quick question...

UkEdman90

Reaction score
why the heck is the saddle have this annoying rattle? starts to rattle about 5 mins of constant play after i take my uke out of it humidified case. is it the saddle itself or is it the strings? i have aquila nylgut strings oh and its a kala ka-st

You're sure it's the saddle? Sounds like the change in humidity is affecting something. Perhaps a small drop of CA glue in the right spot might fix it?

You're sure it's the saddle? Sounds like the change in humidity is affecting something. Perhaps a small drop of CA glue in the right spot might fix it?

it might b but i noticed where the strings meet the saddle there is little notches being worn down. could this be the problem? oh and what the heck is CA glue? is that some kind of wood glue?:confused:

Sorry for the pun but can you put your finger on it and make it stop?

I'm in no way an expert so I can't give that kind of advice :D

The bridge on my old Kamaka is all wood without a separate saddle piece. The tension of the strings have created shallow grooves in the bridge over the years.

CA = Cyanoacrylate which is a generic term for glues like Zap© or Super Glue©

Sorry for the pun but can you put your finger on it and make it stop?

I'm in no way an expert so I can't give that kind of advice :D

The bridge on my old Kamaka is all wood without a separate saddle piece. The tension of the strings have created shallow grooves in the bridge over the years.

CA = Cyanoacrylate which is a generic term for glues like Zap© or Super Glue©

oh haha thats ok

Top Bottom