Downloading UU videos

upskydowncloud

Reaction score
Hey,

I always download the UU videos to my hard drive so I can watch them whenever I want and put them on my iPod etc. Recently though when I've downloaded and converted the last three videos (uke minutes, chunking and bille jean) the sound track has been off. The picture freezes and the sound is about 2/3 seconds out of sync. This doesn't happen with other videos I download.

I was wondering if anyone who downloads the UU videos has that problem or if it's specific to my system?

Thanks,

John

I have not ever had that problem with the videos. sounds like your converter...which one do you use? and how do you download?

I have downloaded videos off the net and I had the video/sound sync problem a couple of times. I ended up deleting the video and downloading it again then coverted it and it was fine that time.

Hmmm... I haven't had any problems downloading and converting them. Maybe its the program you're using. I've been using the Firefox Download Helper add-on to download to .flv, then convert it with Videora to .M4V format.

I have downloaded videos off the net and I had the video/sound sync problem a couple of times. I ended up deleting the video and downloading it again then coverted it and it was fine that time.

I've tried downloading it again and reconverting but that doesn't seem to work either!

I have not ever had that problem with the videos. sounds like your converter...which one do you use? and how do you download?

I use RealPlayer to download the vids and Free FLV Converter to convert them.

It must be the program I use. I'll try a different one. Is Videora free?

Uh, I just go to viddler and click the download button under the video and it offers the original video or the flash... I just get the original version and everything works perfectly.

For someone on a Mac who's not super tech-y, can you describe what software I'd need *and* the process I'd need in order to download these videos to a DVD? Ideally, I'd like to be able to watch the DVD on a standard DVD player at home (my computer's at work). Is this possible? I apologize for a bit of a thread hijack...

For someone on a Mac who's not super tech-y, can you describe what software I'd need *and* the process I'd need in order to download these videos to a DVD? Ideally, I'd like to be able to watch the DVD on a standard DVD player at home (my computer's at work). Is this possible? I apologize for a bit of a thread hijack...

If you have Quicktime Pro, Flip4Mac, iMovie, and iDVD, you can do it.

1. Go to http://www.viddler.com/explore/ukeunderground/videos/
  2. Click on a video. You should see a "Download This" button under the video. Click it. Another link should appear that says, "Original." Click it, and you should begin downloading a WMV video.
  3. After it's done, open the file in Quicktime Pro. If you have Flip4Mac, it should open. (Flip4Mac lets you open WMV files in Quicktime.) Choose "Save As..." from the File menu. Save it as a self-contained movie. You now have a .MOV video that you can open in iMovie.
  4. Open iMovie. Make sure you're in Edit mode and the clips pane is active. Drag the video into the clips pane.
  5. Repeat the above steps as needed for every video you'd like to include on the DVD.
  6. Drag the videos from the clips pane into the timeline.
  7. Click the Chapters pane and mark your chapters.
  8. Choose "iDVD" from the Share menu. iDVD should launch.
  9. in iDVD, choose your theme and any other interface options.
  10. When you're ready to burn your DVD, choose "Burn DVD" from the File menu.
  11. Enjoy your UU DVD.

Thanks everyone, I didn't realise you could download them directly from viddler. That's much easier than using Realplayer etc.

Hopefully in the near future we can afford to get an amazon s3 account to provide these videos in HQ for download. Bandwidth is so expensive!

Top Bottom