EugeneUkulele Albums - FANTASTIC!!

elisdad

Reaction score
My goodness, what wonderful music. You owe it to yourself to spend the $5 for an album of EugeneUkulele's music if you like his youtube videos. I purchased "The Grass is Blue and I am Too" and "Shine Away Your Bluesies". Both albums are fantastic! Jon has a wonderful voice and is a fantastic musician. I will get much enjoyment from this music and I hope that other folks will do the same.

Last edited:
I concur! Picked up a couple myself and they are out of sight - the same high quality performances and vocals you'd expect from his YT videos, but wrapped up in a shiny, delicious-sounding package. The multi-instrumental tracks feature some great musicians and the recording is really well done. An AMAZING selection of tunes on each disc..... these records are a bargain at twice the price....

Get em here.....
http://www.eugeneukulele.com/

Yesssirrreeee!

I picked a couple of his albums up when he first posted them a few months back. Definitely more than worth the $. It was fun to hear some old tunes I've never heard before and done so well.

I'm not a great collector of ukulele music - don't buy much of anything lately for that matter.

Jon's discs are the exception for me. I'm going to slowly work my way through, one at a time. Two in house - one on the way. They're uniquely wonderful and not overproduced. Jon can play, sing and most importantly just knows how to put over a song.

Jon sent me a couple of his CDs and they are a rare treat!

Yes Eugene/ Jon is a fantastic player and singer..most of all a fantastic guy......send him some love and Pm him, he's going through some rough times...

where do you buy them please?

I would love to see a musical collaboration of Dr. Bekken and Eugene Ukulele.

Now that would be amazing.

What do you all think?

I would love to see a musical collaboration of Dr. Bekken and Eugene Ukulele.

Now that would be amazing.

What do you all think?

It would have to be a series of live one take recordings. As they're on opposite sides of the globe, I'd suggest they meet halfway - that would be right about here in New Orleans!

gee thanks you guys. this is very very nice of you Eric to start this thread. I don't feel I am much of a musician at all, especially when I watch other people who clearly can play and sing better than me (Dr bekken is the best thing I ever heard on youtube and you should downlad his record if you haven't already). But i just loive music and it's very therapeutic for me and I love to share it too. Bill, there's no other musicians on the recordings, it's all me bro...just got a little digital 8 track desk which does the job ok. it's also got a very basic in-built mastering facility and a CD burner so I can do them all from home, cheaply and simply.

But thanks for your kindness fellas. In truth, the last 3 months have been the lowest ebb of my life. Myself and my wife have split upfor good and I am living in a little dumpy flat in the centre of the city which I really don't like. Been self medicating just to get through each day. Barely hanging onto my job and in desperate need of money to pay the bills associated with setting up the place and getting power, phone going, buying a computer, homewares etc etc whew. On top of this my wife had a 'word' fom God yesterday which she felt obliged to share with me - that I would be dead within 5 years. Not hard to b elieve for anyone who knows how poorly my health and emotional state is. Seem to be getting more OCD by the day..

sorry for the rant but I feel like I don't have anyone to talk to at the moment...so you're stuck with this pathetic sob story. Anyway, that's why I'm selling most of my ukes. I simply can't justify having 000's of dollars of ukes in the house when I have so much debt. Want to get rid of most of them and try and start over. Whether anyone wants to pay so much for an expensive uke we'll se but stay tuned...2 more going up tonight.

Thanks for your nice comments anyway guys, it was nice timing to walk in the door and see that thread up there.

Blessings
Jon

anyone who would like to buy a download or CD can you please send me an email at this address:
eugeneukulele@westnet.com.au
as I now have no access to that old email listed on the website.

(I am getting the paypal email link swapped over ASAP to my new one, so best to wait a couple of days til it's been done)

If you send me a private email then I know you've bought something and can send off a disc or forward on your download links immediately. Thanks.

For the folks out there going for a casual read- buy Eugene's stuff, learn his licks, and make the world a better place with your Ukulele. Day in and day out we are inundated with this that and the other, and Eugene (as well as a few other fine folks here at UU) has the power at his fingers to take you back in time and make everything sound perfectly grainy and smell good- like an old 78 spinning away happily on grand dads turntable...you feel me here? Best money you will spend this year. I have all of them and none of them disappoint.

For Jon- Jeez man, you are going to live forever. Just know that.
A year ago when I started, I was so near stopping it was not funny. I mean really...Jake? Whatever. Train? Whatever. Tamiane (ok- she is way hotter than you...) but none of that stuff does anything for me, in fact it bores me to tears (there I go making friends again) and honestly, if one more person had asked me to play "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" I was going to choke them straight out...
Then I saw a video.
Yours mate- "When You Wore A Tulip".
It dawned on me that I could play anything I wanted on my ukulele, and I frantically searched the house for my for my 78- Hugh and Shug's Radio Pals, Decca, 1938 (I think- label is shot) and played it over and over..."nope, his is better."
"Mel, get in here and look at this!" - Stupid grins ensued for weeks around here, I tell ya.
Who knew when I messaged ya, thanking you for such a great tune, that you would become such a great friend?
Well hell...ain't but two or three people in this crazy world who want to stay up all night talking about records long forgotten with me, so you get the job, and because of you, I am pretty sure my life is a little better.
I play every day, at least three hours (crap- you'd think I would be a lot better huh?)
I play with my wife- brilliant!
I know at least one person will chime in when I make a new stupid video
I have a great collection of music to learn from (and I will figure out your licks- yes, I am coming for you Jon Duncan!)-Your CD's are gold, and they get spun every day around here, right along with the greats...
In any event- I get that stuff is rough right now, but yeah, you do have someone to talk to. Dammit this reads like a bro-mance but I figure I keep telling you how great you are, one day you'll believe it and get cocky on us :)
And thank you- seriously. What you have to offer...well, I needed that.
Thank you.

Last edited:
gee thanks you guys. this is very very nice of you Eric to start this thread. I don't feel I am much of a musician at all, especially when I watch other people who clearly can play and sing better than me (Dr bekken is the best thing I ever heard on youtube and you should downlad his record if you haven't already). But i just loive music and it's very therapeutic for me and I love to share it too. Bill, there's no other musicians on the recordings, it's all me bro...just got a little digital 8 track desk which does the job ok. it's also got a very basic in-built mastering facility and a CD burner so I can do them all from home, cheaply and simply.

Jon you are most certainly a talented musician and the most original dude I have heard playing the uke. I love your style. Your videos and albums make me quite happy and I love sharing them with my kids.

Eric

Speaking of kids.....I think Eugene dressed in the old time duds, hamming it up while playing songs like the car, the bolognie song, the shack etc in front of kids would be a winner of a show for both kids and parents. Your youtube videos are fantastic, a live show would be money well spent. I honestly think you could do well with it.

Bill, there's no other musicians on the recordings, it's all me bro...just got a little digital 8 track desk which does the job ok. it's also got a very basic in-built mastering facility and a CD burner so I can do them all from home, cheaply and simply.

Wow, Jon.... I downloaded the records, haven't gotten the hard copies with the liner notes so I didn't realize.... they have such an open, laid-back 'live' sort of vibe I just assumed they were one-take group recordings. The fact that you did that with an 8 track makes it even more impressive.....

I know it isn't much consolation with what you're going through, but you've got a lot of love here on the Underground.... don't forget that and don't let the hard times get you down, brother.

Can't wait to get 'em, Jon! Take care

The 'ex' was being VERY malicious in her comments! Ignore it, hard tho it may be! If you were up here, I'd get you out kayak fishing, communing with nature & catching your own dinner ..... very therapeutic.

Roberta

Last edited:
... my wife had a 'word' fom God yesterday which she felt obliged to share with me - that I would be dead within 5 years. Not hard to believe for anyone who knows how poorly my health and emotional state is...

Having been through this myself, let me just say that in no uncertain terms, you need to summon all your strength, focus, and dedicate yourself to proving your wife a false prophet.

Top Bottom