Who all brings their uke to school/work?

SinisterDom

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else did. I take mine as often as I can without getting in trouble. Stringed instrument club is soon and I'll be the only uker!

I wish. :eek: One of these days I should pick up an eleuke to hide in the warehouse so I can practice without getting caught.

Ha! I wish I was schooled from home. Although it is fun seeing teachers when the see the headstock sticking out of my backpack. One time a teacher who plays guitar asked me if It was just the neck of an electric (you couldn't see anything gut the top tuners.)

Well, I brought my uke to work (I work in aquatics), and my boss promply banned ukuleles from being played on the pool deck.

So now, when I'm on my break, I have to play it in the guard room. There are a few others at work who pick it up for a few strums- though no converts yet.

I take my Flea to work everyday, yesterday was real slow, we're between kayak and ski season so I think I was strummin for about 3 hours total inbetween customers.
The owner is real laid back about it.

Alot of times I'll sit on the ledge in front of the store and play to the people walking down the street. I see lots of smiles.

unfortunately, i can't bring my uke with me to either job. :( but i would definitely bring it with me if i was attending school! which eventually, i will be again.

yeahh i bring mine every other day to school. ill play during math class during homework time & lunch as well. sometimes i forget that its in my backpack and lean my head back a little and bump my head on the headstock :p got a couple of bumps from it .

lol, i tend to bring my uke EVERYWHERE! lmao, when i was goin to high school before summer of this year for my senior year kids would always compliment my "baby guitar".

haha, i get irked when people mistake it as a baby guitar >.< i always gotta correct em. bring it to work too! surprised @ where i work and how cool the managers are (i work @ hollister >_< whoa).

uke to work

i have brought mine to work a couple of times...but i had to stop cuz i was barely getting anything done

Someone the other day said to me "So how long have you played the violin... or viola?" And I raised my chin and said "It's a Ukulele case!" :)

I keep the very first ukulele that I ever got at work. Like I said, I work with a 6 people, that I know of, that play the ukulele. People know its 5 o'clock when they start to hear me strum.

We have an informal "Aloha Friday" once a month at work and about a year ago I started bringing my uke to work. Finally a few weeks ago another co-worker said she bought a uke and wanted to learn. Yea! A convert!
:rock:

I always have one or two in my car for wherever I am. My neighbor has one she takes to work. And my daughter who is in high school says the Samoans at school all walk around playing them. I have tried to get her to take one to school and join them but she feels awkward....she has blue eyes and red hair and feels like they wouldn't take her seriously. Go figure, I've threatened to join them at lunch time. (She would kill me.)

Top Bottom