Some Oingo Boingo for Halloween

outstanding great fun great music nice 1

Awesome - great fun.

Wooo-hooo - great fun. I gotta ask, what are you playing the Risa through? That was probably the best overdriven uke tone I've heard. So often nylon string instruments with USTs sound really harsh when overdriven but that was really sweet!

John

Agree with OldePhart, that Risa sounds great! Love the lead playing from 4:00 and on..... very cool. It's funny, that song always reminds me of that Rodney Dangerfield movie 'Back To School'....Oingo Boingo actually appears in the movie, playing this tune at a Halloween party. One of those mediocre films you see at just the right age to have it burned indelibly into your brain.....

Wooo-hooo - great fun. I gotta ask, what are you playing the Risa through? That was probably the best overdriven uke tone I've heard. So often nylon string instruments with USTs sound really harsh when overdriven but that was really sweet!

Thanks, it's just two pedals, Digitech Screamin' Blues and delay plugged into a decent amp (I don't remember what). The Screamin' Blues is a nice understated distortion, but what you hear is as crunchy as it gets. It drops out a lot of the bass to emulate a kind of Chicago sound, which I think works well with electric ukes. I have a Rocktron Silver Dragon which I like even more, that is if it weren't acting wonky right now. The space zappy noises were made using a Korg Kaos Pad.

Most excellent. :holds up lighter:

Is that a Telecaster K-Wave your partner is playing? I can't get a good look with her standing in the shadows.

Most excellent. :holds up lighter:

Is that a Telecaster K-Wave your partner is playing? I can't get a good look with her standing in the shadows.

It sure is. Gifted to us from UU's own NatalieS.

Top Bottom