Show Your Crappy Ukes!

rook

Reaction score
There's a lot of dick measuring contests that I see going on in this forum...why not show off your best El Cheapo Ukes?

I just today ordered a Lanakai Tenor A/E Black from Butler on Ebay.
Can't wait to get it!

This Uke at $200 + shipping is by far the most quality Uke I have ever owned to this point.

I'm sure that there are a lot of ukes at this price point that have impressed you as members of this forum/community.

What are they? How come?

Apparently it is when you're drunk on a saturday night.

There's a lot of dick measuring contests that I see going on in this forum...why not show off your best El Cheapo Ukes?

Can't wait to get it!

This Uke at $200 + shipping is by far the most quality Uke I have ever owned to this point.

I'm sure that there are a lot of ukes at this price point that have impressed you as members of this forum/community.

What are they? How come?

Seems to me that someone calling their $200 uke an "El Cheapo" is guilty of exactly the same dick measuring contest he means to satirize.

Oh, the irony!

"There's a lot of dick measuring contests that I see going on in this forum..."

just checked the contest section.....nothing there I must have missed this one......anyone remember what the prize was?

I can't find any crap ukes in my house.

My tenor though is 24".

Can't wait to get it!

What are they? How come?
Seems to me that someone calling their $200 uke an "El Cheapo" is guilty of exactly the same dick measuring contest he means to satirize.

Oh, the irony!
Exactly what I thought too. My best uke isn't close to $200.00

"There's a lot of dick measuring contests that I see going on in this forum..."

just checked the contest section.....nothing there I must have missed this one......anyone remember what the prize was?

My wife laughed when I told her that I was signing up up for that contest, so I have no idea what that prize was. Probably a baritone neck.

crappy and uke don't belong in the same sentence.

$28 at Toys R Us, + Aquilas = FUN!

Woody.jpg

Last edited:
I don't own any crappy ukes, they are all played and loved.

As for dick measuring contests, I never enter any contest I know I can't win.

Oh, the irony!

Haha! Funny cos it's true :agree:

Gosh, I wish I had two hundred of your dollars to spend on a crappy uke.

well this is the uke I've been learning on for over a year and made most of my videos with, its a cheap little childs guitar found in a dumpster missing 2 tuners and the bridge, I made a new one out of wood and recut the nut for 4 strings. total cost $0

pukeuke.jpg

I have to say i did recently upgrade the flimsy white existing tuners with slightly less flimsy elcheepo black ones off of ebay and a set of black 'alice' Strings, which I boought cause Alice is my name haha

http://www.musiclo.com/Ukulele-strings-Alice-AU04--ukelele-nylon-set_p_32.html

total cost about $10

do i win?? :p

here is a video with a long talk story at the beginning about the discovery of my trashy uke , and demonstration playing it starts around 5:00

something are priceless no matter what the perceived material value
its not the bling bling or the caching caching

Top Bottom