How can I make tabs with pdf files?

Kenny530

Reaction score
Not really sure if this is the right place to post this but.... How can I make ukulele tas with pdf file? I have 4 tabs hand written right now and I want to share it with people but it's kind of hard to read them.

There are several free tabbing programs, like PowerTab, MusEdit and TuxGuitar. Think some have an "export to PDF" function.

But you can always install a third-party PDF program like CutePDF or PDF995 that give you the option to "print" to a PDF file, same as any other attached printer.

If you have a scanner/copier there are programs that scan to PDF. Irfanview will convert tif files etc to PDF.

Not really sure if this is the right place to post this but.... How can I make ukulele tas with pdf file? I have 4 tabs hand written right now and I want to share it with people but it's kind of hard to read them.

I'm trying the same thing, see also this thread:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?54988-Software-for-creating-tabs

I downloaded Powertab, which looks promising, and am waiting for Domiators email (see the above thread).

Also I found this blank tab-sheet which could be useful:

http://freeblanksheetmusic.org/mandolin/mandolin-tab.pdf

Cute PDF has never let me down.Set it to 'print'
but tell it to 'Print' to a folder on your Computer
and it saves the doc as a PDF.Simples!

Thanks for the plug cantsing.

I'm having trouble getting powertab to format right with PDF995. On my old computer when there was a default option for printing to PDF it was fine, but since I've had to download that extension it skews the title and credits off to one side.

I'm having trouble getting powertab to format right with PDF995. On my old computer when there was a default option for printing to PDF it was fine, but since I've had to download that extension it skews the title and credits off to one side.

I have to admit I haven't tried saving a Powertab file as a PDF, but I did get Powertab running and configured for ukulele using the information on the above link.

If you have or know someone that has an iPhone there are a couple free apps that let to take a picture of a document and email it as a pdf.

Cute PDF has never let me down.Set it to 'print'
but tell it to 'Print' to a folder on your Computer
and it saves the doc as a PDF.Simples!
That's what I do.Then I keep a copy on my computer and one on google docs

Same problem here since I bought my new computer. Turns out power tab is an old program that is no longer being updated and this is a bug in it that wont work with the new systems. I just use the insert text and put the title in that way.

Top Bottom