PDA

View Full Version : Tom Ames Prayer

TCK
10-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Well, I have played this tune for a while, and yeah- I am no good at this ukulele thing really, but my friend Jon tells me he plays it too. I figure if I do it, he might just throw his version out there...which promises to be better. In any event- here is Tom Ames, played way too fast with a bloody stump of a strumming finger.
This is my "look like an idiot while singing in the car at the top of you lungs" tune, so I figured I got a little carried away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOXHr1qqct4

Hippie Dribble
10-23-2011, 07:41 PM
mate, if I could give you a hug I probably wouldn't let go, they'd have to drag me away with a crane. hmmm...seems the ol' eyes have gone over all misty like. just love ya Dave.

TCK
10-24-2011, 02:35 PM
mate, if I could give you a hug I probably wouldn't let go, they'd have to drag me away with a crane. hmmm...seems the ol' eyes have gone over all misty like. just love ya Dave.Ha! Now I don't feel so bad about knackering the lyrics all up- I just moved them around until I liked them :) Glad you liked it mate, give it a go- really want to see what you can do with it.
Take care of yourself- Dave

23skidoo
10-25-2011, 12:44 AM
Dave - Managed to miss this one yesterday...... excellent job, man, one of Steve Earles' better tunes..... I think your strum and sing thing just keeps getting better and I'm really diggin your song choices recently - keep em coming......

TCK
10-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Haha- Glad you liked it Skidoo, had a real proper bash at this tune and buggered up the lyrics, but I figure it came together. My strummin' utensil is still achy :)
Thanks for the kind words- I am not sure I can be stopped at this point so yep- they will keep on rolling out

v30
10-26-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeah that's a great tune and you did a bang up job with it!

Trinimon
10-26-2011, 02:39 AM
Sounded good on my end! At least you can sing and sound good. I tried singing for the first time in front of my some family members and I got such a ribbing from one of my brother-in-laws I think my confidence is shattered. :(

roxhum
10-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Tinimon, never play for family, they are brutal. Ha ha.

Dave your playing is getting better all the time. You always bring a big smile to my face. Keep'em coming.

TCK
10-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Trinimon, you are welcome to come here and sing to your hearts content...I am Sicilian, so anyone who doesn't like it wakes up with a horses head :rolleyes:
Sweet of you Rox- thanks for the nice compliment
V-30...wait until you hear Jon do it, but thank you much :)

Trinimon
10-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Grazie. You're much to kind bud! lol