Tom Ames Prayer

TCK

Reaction score
Well, I have played this tune for a while, and yeah- I am no good at this ukulele thing really, but my friend Jon tells me he plays it too. I figure if I do it, he might just throw his version out there...which promises to be better. In any event- here is Tom Ames, played way too fast with a bloody stump of a strumming finger.
This is my "look like an idiot while singing in the car at the top of you lungs" tune, so I figured I got a little carried away.

mate, if I could give you a hug I probably wouldn't let go, they'd have to drag me away with a crane. hmmm...seems the ol' eyes have gone over all misty like. just love ya Dave.

mate, if I could give you a hug I probably wouldn't let go, they'd have to drag me away with a crane. hmmm...seems the ol' eyes have gone over all misty like. just love ya Dave.
Ha! Now I don't feel so bad about knackering the lyrics all up- I just moved them around until I liked them :) Glad you liked it mate, give it a go- really want to see what you can do with it.
Take care of yourself- Dave

Dave - Managed to miss this one yesterday...... excellent job, man, one of Steve Earles' better tunes..... I think your strum and sing thing just keeps getting better and I'm really diggin your song choices recently - keep em coming......

Haha- Glad you liked it Skidoo, had a real proper bash at this tune and buggered up the lyrics, but I figure it came together. My strummin' utensil is still achy :)
Thanks for the kind words- I am not sure I can be stopped at this point so yep- they will keep on rolling out

Sounded good on my end! At least you can sing and sound good. I tried singing for the first time in front of my some family members and I got such a ribbing from one of my brother-in-laws I think my confidence is shattered. :(

Tinimon, never play for family, they are brutal. Ha ha.

Dave your playing is getting better all the time. You always bring a big smile to my face. Keep'em coming.

Trinimon, you are welcome to come here and sing to your hearts content...I am Sicilian, so anyone who doesn't like it wakes up with a horses head :rolleyes:
Sweet of you Rox- thanks for the nice compliment
V-30...wait until you hear Jon do it, but thank you much :)

Top Bottom