George Formby

kaizersoza

Reaction score
hi people George Formby's life story on BBC4 on thursday at 9pm BST, told by Frank Skinner :D

Afterwards you can probably watch it online with the bbc iplayer. There's a little trick to fool the bbc website that you're British with some software so you can watch it outside the UK. I have digital tv and receive bbc4 so I'll tape it.

You could always use a proxy server
Afterwards you can probably watch it online with the bbc iplayer. There's a little trick to fool the bbc website that you're British with some software so you can watch it outside the UK. I have digital tv and receive bbc4 so I'll tape it.

Read about that this morning and it sounds like it will be a good show. Guess it would require formatting change too? Wish PBS would pick-it-up for replay over here!

I hope the ABC picks it up here sometime!! I may even send them a suggestion to do so! Lucky you, Kaizer!
cheers
Roberta

I on the other hand am not a George Formby fan, but I like Frank Skinner.
I watched it. Really nice documentary with a very enthusiastic Frank Skinner. I didn't really know Formby so to me it was a nice introduction!

....Aaaah caannnnyyyyyy! Hitting BBC iPlayer tonight then. Cheers man!....

If that's a "YES", I'd LOVE a copy! :D Let me know how you go!

Many thanks

Roberta

Watched it tonight, was great. Must admit I warmed to Frank a bit, he's clearly a real fan.
The bit with Steven Sproat was 100% of awesome!

yeah it wasnt bad, just didnt like when they kept refering the banjolele as a uke, but apart from that it was good and some amazing strumming :) recorded it onto my freeviews hard drive :)

Top Bottom