Bett Midler Uke...

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
There a (1 of 2) Flea owned by Bett Midler going up for auction soon.. It's tacky as hell, but it's "Bett Midler" so would you expect anything else, lol?. Anyway, thought I would post this to let the collectors or Bette fans know about it. I "think" it is going to be auctioned live, and on line with a bunch of Bette's stuff at:

http://julianauctions.com/

That should give you something to search if you might be interested in looking at it..

Thanks for the correction. I went to the site and found her uke and put the info together so we all can see it. I do like Bette Midler, but I hate that uke, so no competition from me, lol.. She said that she had two of these made apparently, but gave one of them to Obama if I remember correctly. This being #2. So, for flea fans, or Bette fans, this would be pretty cool addition to your collection.

bet1.jpg

Haha, I guess I wouldn't really be interested in the Ukes per se, but the auction house caught my eye... They were the ones that were going to sell off all of that Michael Jackson stuff before MJ stopped it... Well, and also before he died... Not that any of that has anything to do with this thread... But when I went to the link for the auction house to see what these ukes look like, I saw that they still have the Boxed Catalog Set for the Michael Jackson stuff available for sale... Again, not that that has anything to do with this thread... well, my dad, Norman Oak (normanoakstudios.com), painted that oil portrait of Michael Jackson as the "king of pop" that they used as the image on the cover. So I got a chuckle seeing it again. The original portrait is rumored to be hanging over MJ's casket... At least that's what one of the news shows that interviewed me for info on the portrait told me.

Now about them Ukes... I wonder what all them crystals stuck to the soundboard does to the sound?

And an estimated $1000-1500 for a Flea? For that kind of coin I would expect the rosewood fretboard upgrade!

It's already up to $700! Crazy!

I actually really like that uke. I have a vision of a purple Flea / Fluke with purple and clear glass beads all over it...I'm way too poor for crystal...hmmm.....

I had expected the upper bouts to be much larger...

"...In excellent condition with the exception of two large dents in the upper bout..." ;)

Did you guys miss it?

There's a picture of Bette with Queen Eizabeth. Taken a year or two ago. Guess who's standing next to Bette? Jake Shimabukuro. It's in the catelog around page 145-ish.

Cool looking ukulele but not for that kind of money.

Cool looking ukulele but not for that kind of money.

Yeah, I guess I just don't have a shred of "collectorness" in me and absolutely no soul of fandom. If I'm going to spend $1k to $1.5k on a uke it ain't gonna be a fluke or flea no matter who owned it, played it, made it or how many movies it's appeared in or how many were made etc., etc., etc. :)

If I had $1.5k to spend on a uke right now I'd be buying Eugene_Ukulele's Mya Moe longneck soprano in the marketplace!

I've really never understood the desire to have someone's signature (i.e. autographs) for example. That goes all the way back to my childhood. My mom and I were flying to Hawaii and the stewardess (hey, that's what they were called back then) came back to tell us that Roy Rogers and Dale Evans were up in first class and they were signing autographs for the kids on the flight. I was busy playing with one of those "draw stuff and lift to erase" pads and had no interest in meeting them. :) My mom was very disappointed that I didn't want to meet them - I think now it was mostly because she wanted an excuse to walk me up front so she could meet them. LOL

John

but guys, it's covered in pink and clear swarovszi crystals. it's a muust have (for someone) :)

There's a picture of Bette with Queen Eizabeth. Taken a year or two ago. Guess who's standing next to Bette? Jake Shimabukuro. It's in the catalog around page 145-ish.

Jake accompanied Bette Midler on "In My Life" at the Royal Variety Performance at Blackpool in December 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K8FZgvMoOA

Here's a cool video of Jake shopping for something to wear for the performance by testing a suit to see if he had enough range of motion for him to play while wearing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaQhbqkCe0A

Hmmmm, didn't Liberace own a feather-covered uke??????

Top Bottom