Nova Scotia Ceilidh

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here's Manitoba Hal and me at the Ceilidh at Liverpool, Nova Scotia last weekend. We called this improvisation "Melanie". It is completely unrehearsed.

We gave it this title because the Canadian singer Melanie Doane was watching us.

beautiful melody Ken, very sweet and plaintive. Great name, 'melanie' , at least to me, suggests Melancholy, reflection, and that's just how this piece of music spoke to me. For something improvised you two sure seemed to know what the other was doing and where it was going. Just outstanding, loved it. Thanks mate.
edit: ooow, I just read the bit about the inspiration for the title...oh well

Sounded great and looked like alot of fun.
If I had known about this I might have been tempted to go....its just 1 province west of me :)

beautiful melody Ken, very sweet and plaintive. Great name, 'melanie' , at least to me, suggests Melancholy, reflection, and that's just how this piece of music spoke to me. For something improvised you two sure seemed to know what the other was doing and where it was going. Just outstanding, loved it. Thanks mate.
edit: ooow, I just read the bit about the inspiration for the title...oh well

Yes, we worked from a chord sequence that we had just thought up. I have known Hal for a while, but had only just met him. A really great guy and an excellent performer.

Sounded great and looked like alot of fun.
If I had known about this I might have been tempted to go....its just 1 province west of me :)

It was a wonderfully friendly festival. There will be another one in two years time.

Top Bottom