What do you think is the best uke for under $75?

mthurman52

Reaction score
Hey there again! So I'm going to pass on those harmony ukes because I feel like they won't be too much of an upgrade from the Makala. I have around $75 to spend on a uke and I was wondering which uke you guys think will be the best upgrade from the Makala for the money. I know I can always save more but I am really limited on time and have to have the uke within two weeks.

Honestly, you can't really make an 'upgrade' from what you've got with only $75. Stick with the Makala I reckon.

Last edited:
If you are looking for a gift, the Kala Pineapple/Kiwi/Watermelon ukes are cute and sound quite nice - much more resonant than you'd expect. They go for just under a hundred, but that includes a gig-bag.

Yeah, at $75 there really isn't a "best" make because all of the models in that price range are very variable in quality. So, you really have to pick and choose the individual uke rather than by the brand.

John

To me in the $75 price range....it's Makala!

If you can find one in time, a Kala-KA-SLNG is an awesome uke. I just received mine today. $85 including shipping.

Great sound from a gloss finish soprano body with a concert neck. Beautiful workmanship, easy to play neck and full resonant sound.

Oh yea, it comes with Aquilas.

But this comes from someone who has never experienced any uke that costs more than $100 or is not a laminate.

Not sure what size you want? See the $109 Koloa solid mahogany gloss soprano in the Marketplace, bone nut, saddle, Aquila strings I think.

Top Bottom