PDA

View Full Version : The Cloverdale Kid and 23skidoo collide! Cross-country Collaboration!

23skidoo
10-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Hey Folks-

TCK and I have been working on a little sumpin-sumpin that is offered here for your perusal - our collective rendition of a great old gospel tune made popular by the Carter Family, "Fifty Miles Of Elbow Room".

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzVVBQsw6jk

Hippie Dribble
10-25-2011, 03:51 PM
OH YEAH!!! Now this is really something. You guys are not only bona fide music junkies, you are great fellas and excellent players too...this just made me smile from ear to ear. Such a thrill to see you two play together on this...and what a briliant choice of tune. Carter Family. Gospel. Happy days are here again. I'll be playing this one more than a few times....

Oh, I was gonna mention about how jealous I am at not being in on the act with two good mates, but I won't bother...I'm'a just gonna keep smilin' and singing along!!! GREAT GREAT STUFF you two. Brightened up an otherwise dreary afternoon. :):):)

fitncrafty
10-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Wow.. Just excellent! really enjoyed it guys, Great job and what a great match you are playing together! I hope it's the first of many! the uke has introduced me to so much music I would have never listened to before.
Uke night here is much like "The Carter Family" cover night.. Thanks for adding another...

23skidoo
10-25-2011, 04:27 PM
OH YEAH!!! Now this is really something. You guys are not only bona fide music junkies, you are great fellas and excellent players too...this just made me smile from ear to ear. Such a thrill to see you two play together on this...and what a briliant choice of tune. Carter Family. Gospel. Happy days are here again. I'll be playing this one more than a few times....

Oh, I was gonna mention about how jealous I am at not being in on the act with two good mates, but I won't bother...I'm'a just gonna keep smilin' and singing along!!! GREAT GREAT STUFF you two. Brightened up an otherwise dreary afternoon. :):):)

Glad you enjoyed it, brother, and thanks for the support.... and Jon - say the word, man. Anytime you're settled in and want to get to work on a uke-a-trois, I'm sure Dave would be game. We could dust off 'Keep On The Sunny Side' or pick another - you call the tune. This one just whetted my appetite for more.....

23skidoo
10-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Wow.. Just excellent! really enjoyed it guys, Great job and what a great match you are playing together! I hope it's the first of many! the uke has introduced me to so much music I would have never listened to before.
Uke night here is much like "The Carter Family" cover night.. Thanks for adding another...

Thanks Carrie! We had fun doing it..... and our weekly family/friend music night here in the ATL is mostly bluegrass and the Carters always get more than there fair share of calls.....

roxhum
10-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Absolutely excellent! I am looking forward to more collaborations.

23skidoo
10-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks, Roxhum! Looking forward to doing more.....

mm stan
10-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Nice Job Guys...sounds awesome....I thought I was the only one that played a Carter Family songs...got it from sorpex....thank you for sharing....

coriandre
10-25-2011, 05:17 PM
What a great idea and what an amazing song.
So good to hear you two sing together.

Thanks for sharing :)

TCK
10-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks so much folks- when Mr. Skidoo sent along the final cut I was floored, and it was a ton of fun!
Jon-now that you are back up and running, throw us a tune (and keep it simple mate)...I am ready for a world wide collaboration.
As for the tune, when you have The Carter Family, Iris Dement and Gillian Welch on your hard drive doing the same tune (not to mention the original Rev. F.W. McGee version), it certainly works it's way into your ear.
In any event-so often miss-credited to the Carter Family, do yourself a favor and listen to the original- it is amazing and it is here (http://www.4shared.com/audio/83lZCVEQ/3-31_Fifty_Miles_of_Elbow_Room.html) Thanks again gang- this video makes my day- the fact that y'all like it is icing on the cake:o

Hippie Dribble
10-25-2011, 07:23 PM
oh gee this is good...back for another helping. Just awesome fellas. Smiles for 50 miles
:cheers:

TCK
10-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Glad to pay it back a little my friend

oh gee this is good...back for another helping. Just awesome fellas. Smiles for 50 miles
:cheers:

Jnobianchi
10-26-2011, 05:12 AM
:D Great, Great, GREAT! I really enjoyed that, fellas! lovely singing and playing and beautiful solos.

I'm also REALLY impressed with the collaborative aspect. How DID you guys coordinate this?

Really, really cool video! Thanks for sharing it!

23skidoo
10-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Thanks Stan & Luc!

23skidoo
10-26-2011, 05:22 AM
:D Great, Great, GREAT! I really enjoyed that, fellas! lovely singing and playing and beautiful solos.

I'm also REALLY impressed with the collaborative aspect. How DID you guys coordinate this?

Really, really cool video! Thanks for sharing it!

Many thanks, John. We started out a little more complicated than it needed to be - in the end, Dave just recorded his track and sent it to me and I just played along and mixed the whole thing in Garage Band..... the miracles of modern technology......

OldePhart
10-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Really great job guys. Fantastic!

Tootler
10-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Excellent. The collaboration worked really well.

I'm not familiar with the song, but it really suited your style.

DAPuke
10-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Wow, you guy's did an excellent job. Thanks for sharing that. More, more, more.
Don

TCK
10-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks all- glad you liked it, amazing what you can do with a computer and a cell phone innit?:)

southcoastukes
10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Very soulful - very sweet - you guys are quite a pair! N'other one, please - and give lil' eugene a shot.

TCK
10-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Already got one in the works Dirk, and Jon is gonna be in it if I gotta fly to Tasmania and set him down myself.
Be nice to have someone who knows something about music from Louisiana sit in as well...hint hint.
Do you hear those strings on my $150 Baritone? If I were you I would run out and buy a set of those- they are AMAZING :)
Oh yeah- and thanks for the niceness my friend- working hard at this, nice to know it ain't totally repelling everyone.

Billsie
10-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Thankyou for this great duet 23skidoo and TCK. You guys really do match up well. The Carter family
and the tune itself are done proud here!
Best wishes. Billsie
__________________________________________________ ____

My Original Song on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/billsieofficialu2b?feature=mhsn)

23skidoo
10-27-2011, 02:20 AM
more thanks for all the kind words, folks - thanks for listening....

southcoastukes
10-27-2011, 03:45 AM
Already got one in the works Dirk, and Jon is gonna be in it if I gotta fly to Tasmania and set him down myself.
Be nice to have someone who knows something about music from Louisiana sit in as well...hint hint.
Do you hear those strings on my $150 Baritone? If I were you I would run out and buy a set of those- they are AMAZING :)
Oh yeah- and thanks for the niceness my friend- working hard at this, nice to know it ain't totally repelling everyone.

Glad to hear another one's on the way. Those 3 hours a day of practice are starting to show! As to your offer, if I can get to the point where I can fit in 3 minutes a week (house re-built by year's end?), then maybe.

v30
10-27-2011, 10:30 AM
That was marvelous! Keep em comming!

cletus
10-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Anytime you're settled in and want to get to work on a uke-a-trois.....

:eek: Cheers to that.:cheers:

23skidoo
10-28-2011, 12:50 AM
:eek: Cheers to that.:cheers:
.... I hear it's the thing to do these days......

23skidoo
10-28-2011, 12:51 AM
That was marvelous! Keep em comming!
Thanks for listening - appreciate it......

keonepax
10-28-2011, 04:30 AM
That was terrific! Great sound, great singing and harmony!

23skidoo
10-28-2011, 06:27 AM
thanks, John!

elisdad
10-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Awesome playing, singing, and collaborating! Great job guys.

23skidoo
10-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Appreciate it, elisdad! Thanks a lot, man....

Scott Stahlecker
10-28-2011, 02:09 PM
That was pretty awesome guys. Must have been tough to make it happen.

TCK
10-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks all- Scott, it was actually pretty simple at the end of the day, at least on my end- Skidoo did all the editing ;)