The Cloverdale Kid and 23skidoo collide! Cross-country Collaboration!

23skidoo

Reaction score
Hey Folks-

TCK and I have been working on a little sumpin-sumpin that is offered here for your perusal - our collective rendition of a great old gospel tune made popular by the Carter Family, "Fifty Miles Of Elbow Room".

Enjoy!

OH YEAH!!! Now this is really something. You guys are not only bona fide music junkies, you are great fellas and excellent players too...this just made me smile from ear to ear. Such a thrill to see you two play together on this...and what a briliant choice of tune. Carter Family. Gospel. Happy days are here again. I'll be playing this one more than a few times....

Oh, I was gonna mention about how jealous I am at not being in on the act with two good mates, but I won't bother...I'm'a just gonna keep smilin' and singing along!!! GREAT GREAT STUFF you two. Brightened up an otherwise dreary afternoon. :):):)

Wow.. Just excellent! really enjoyed it guys, Great job and what a great match you are playing together! I hope it's the first of many! the uke has introduced me to so much music I would have never listened to before.
Uke night here is much like "The Carter Family" cover night.. Thanks for adding another...

OH YEAH!!! Now this is really something. You guys are not only bona fide music junkies, you are great fellas and excellent players too...this just made me smile from ear to ear. Such a thrill to see you two play together on this...and what a briliant choice of tune. Carter Family. Gospel. Happy days are here again. I'll be playing this one more than a few times....

Oh, I was gonna mention about how jealous I am at not being in on the act with two good mates, but I won't bother...I'm'a just gonna keep smilin' and singing along!!! GREAT GREAT STUFF you two. Brightened up an otherwise dreary afternoon. :):):)

Glad you enjoyed it, brother, and thanks for the support.... and Jon - say the word, man. Anytime you're settled in and want to get to work on a uke-a-trois, I'm sure Dave would be game. We could dust off 'Keep On The Sunny Side' or pick another - you call the tune. This one just whetted my appetite for more.....

Last edited:
Wow.. Just excellent! really enjoyed it guys, Great job and what a great match you are playing together! I hope it's the first of many! the uke has introduced me to so much music I would have never listened to before.
Uke night here is much like "The Carter Family" cover night.. Thanks for adding another...

Thanks Carrie! We had fun doing it..... and our weekly family/friend music night here in the ATL is mostly bluegrass and the Carters always get more than there fair share of calls.....

Absolutely excellent! I am looking forward to more collaborations.

Nice Job Guys...sounds awesome....I thought I was the only one that played a Carter Family songs...got it from sorpex....thank you for sharing....

What a great idea and what an amazing song.
So good to hear you two sing together.

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks so much folks- when Mr. Skidoo sent along the final cut I was floored, and it was a ton of fun!
Jon-now that you are back up and running, throw us a tune (and keep it simple mate)...I am ready for a world wide collaboration.
As for the tune, when you have The Carter Family, Iris Dement and Gillian Welch on your hard drive doing the same tune (not to mention the original Rev. F.W. McGee version), it certainly works it's way into your ear.
In any event-so often miss-credited to the Carter Family, do yourself a favor and listen to the original- it is amazing and it is here Thanks again gang- this video makes my day- the fact that y'all like it is icing on the cake:eek:

oh gee this is good...back for another helping. Just awesome fellas. Smiles for 50 miles
:cheers:

:D Great, Great, GREAT! I really enjoyed that, fellas! lovely singing and playing and beautiful solos.

I'm also REALLY impressed with the collaborative aspect. How DID you guys coordinate this?

Really, really cool video! Thanks for sharing it!

Many thanks, John. We started out a little more complicated than it needed to be - in the end, Dave just recorded his track and sent it to me and I just played along and mixed the whole thing in Garage Band..... the miracles of modern technology......

Really great job guys. Fantastic!

Excellent. The collaboration worked really well.

I'm not familiar with the song, but it really suited your style.

Wow, you guy's did an excellent job. Thanks for sharing that. More, more, more.
Don

Thanks all- glad you liked it, amazing what you can do with a computer and a cell phone innit?:)

Very soulful - very sweet - you guys are quite a pair! N'other one, please - and give lil' eugene a shot.

Top Bottom