New 2012 Ukulele Calendar is out!

Lori

Uke Crazy
UU VIP
Reaction score
Well, the calendar is finished. I ended up doing 2 versions, due to the controversy on the March Chuck Moore photo. Thanks to helpful Chuck, I have a G-rated version for those of you that might prefer it.
The cover choice became the Mike DaSilva uke, which had many votes, and is a good descriptive representation of the contents of the calendar. Thanks for your feedback on the cover choices. If you would like to buy a calendar, here are the Café Press links.

G-Rated link
http://www.cafepress.com/ukulelestore.586898627
PG-Rated Link
http://www.cafepress.com/ukulelestore.586898628

You can see a preview of all the calendar months on the Café Press website.
The calendar price is $19.99 USD at my store. For each calendar sold, $3.00 goes to "Ukuleles for Kids" program. http://www.californiaukulelefestival.com/ukulelesforkids/schools.php
You might see a different price if you are just browsing the Marketplace section of Café Press. Last year that price was $5 higher, and the commission collected was lower. So, use the links above to get the best price, and the best donation for the "Ukuleles for Kids" program.

I am not sure if offering 2 versions is too confusing, but I figured enough people were worried about it that it was worth a try to keep everybody happy.

–Lori

Attachments

• front_cover2012sm.jpg
    front_cover2012sm.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 78
  • mar_moore_bettah_dragon_2.jpg
    mar_moore_bettah_dragon_2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 103
  • mar_moore_bettah_dragon_1.jpg
    mar_moore_bettah_dragon_1.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 103
Woot!

Going to order some now...

Thatnks!

It's fantastic Lori. I just bought a copy. Such an awesome range of ukes and settings, brilliant job!!!

Just a BTW...that's not 'Chap's' MM concert resonator is it??? :drool:

Lori - I'm so glad you made a G-rated one. Now I can get one to hang in my office at school and maybe get students talking about ukes without having to worry or pull it down for a month. Chuck's work is gorgeous regardless of the subject matter but I would rather avoid parental ire whenever possible.

Thanks for making us a calendar!

Nix

Ordering it right now... with the $5.25 shipping charge Cafe Press gets, it is probably the most expensive calendar I'll be getting - most of the other non-profit related ones are $8-10 less, but they have mostly wildlife and environmental themes - Ukuleles are more of a mental health issue for me.

Thanks for doing this, Lori!

-Kurt​

If you buy more than one, the shipping gets cheaper per calendar. I ordered 5 and shipping was $7.25. If you have ukulele playing friends, you should gang up your orders and you will save on shipping. This is a print-on-demand press, and is more expensive than what the Sierra Club and other big name concerns can get doing traditional large scale print runs. The print-on-demand press allows for anybody who has an idea, to make it a real product without a big outlay of funds, and without the potential problem of having hundreds of unsold copies left over. That convenience means that Café Press gets a cut for providing that distribution (website and web store) and manufacturing service.

–Lori

Great stuff.

Sorry I couldn't get photographs in time to contribute to this. I hope it sells well and makes a lot of money for your program.

Payday is Monday, so I will be putting my order in then. :) Can't wait to get them.

Yay! Just placed my order. I got one of these last year. My MB headstock was on February's page. (That was thrilling) Anyway -- the calendar last uyear was beautiful. This one will be too. I'm very excited to get this one.

I just got my order in the mail. I had ordered 5 of the PG rated ones... but I got 1 G-rated and 4 PG-rated. I would suggest double checking each calendar when you receive your order, just in case. Cafe Press is really good with returns or replacements if there is a problem with your order.

Also, for those of you that get a calendar... check out the QR code on the cover. If you don't have a QR reader (free apps available for smart phones), email me and I will give you a special discount code for Uke Leash.

–Lori

My calendar came yesterday! It's lovely. I even got an extra June. Since I live in Minnesota I am thrilled to be getting an extra June. I prefer warm weather over winter weather any day.

And I ordered a PG rated one. That's what I received.

Got my calendar today! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for doing this Lori!

Received mine, but I don't plan to open it for a month or so... We usually have 11 calendars spread throughout the house (Often for non-profits), and haven't decided where to put the Uke calendar yet.

Thank you again, Lori!

-Kurt​

Top Bottom