A soprano for Russ_Buss

Dominator

Reaction score
A soprano for Russ_Buss (Sound File Added)

Just finished this little maple with spruce top for Russell. It presented a few challenges along the way but in the end I think things worked out. Some of the credit goes to a few of you here at UU as well as some folks outside of UU who provided input along the way.

Put the strings on this evening and hope to put the finishing touches on the saddle tomorrow evening and make arrangements to hookup with Russell and turn it loose.

EDIT: Here is the Sound File:
http://www.dominator.ukeland.com/Images/russ_buss_sound_byte.mp3

tiger_9.jpgtiger_10.jpgtiger_11.jpgtiger_12.jpgtiger_3.jpg

Last edited:
Stunning, clean, beautiful uke.

Last edited:
Like the tasteful and short fretboard extension. Plenty of room to fingerpick that way! :D

....looks very nice. :)

Ooh, nice work, Dom!

Excellent Dom! Very elegant, amazing figure, nice contrast between the light and dark woods. You may send me one anytime you like!:biglaugh:
I am sure Russ is going to be very happy.

Hmmm, is that glue I see on the fret board? ;)
Ha, that's a different uke I'm working on. Challenges, challenges....I wish I could spend more time consistently in the shop. Unfortunately, that's about 8 years away for me :(.

Thanks to you and all the others here in the lounge that help keep me on track and take time to respond to my PMs etc. Much appreciated.

Good job, Dom. :)

Well, you've been a busy guy then.
I've been trying to sneak in as much shop time as possible. Was hoping to finish 5 of the 7 I have in the works by then end of the year but I'm going to come up a bit short.

Ronnie Aloha said:
Can Deach's be far behind?
Well, let's just say it's still in the works. I've put the initial seal coat of finish on the body but am still working on the neck and FB.

Top Bottom