6 string kamaka tuned DGBE

personally i think its up to you on which songs you play it tuned to.

i like GCEA because i play all my songs on it. but since i have 2 ukes, im actually thinking about tuning it to DBGE just to mess around with songs and how it sounds.

i think you video opened my mind a little bit more just now. :p

are those regular 6 string tenors that are just tuned down 5 steps? when you strum them they sound like they are loose. i like the sound so far, but for some reason that loose sound kinda kills it.

try this.

1st course... use the regular E string as your high E
2nd course... use the C string and tune to low E
3rd course... use another C string and tune to B
4th course... use a wound C string and tune to Low G
5th course... use the high A string and tune to high G
6th course... use another E string and tune to high D

by doing this you will only be tuning down 2 steps at most, instead of tuning all the strings down 5 steps, so the tension is still pretty decent. the wound C tuning down to low G isnt going make much difference because the wound strings change quickly with very minor adjustments. and tuning the C string up to E isnt going to put too much tension on it.

then again...
if you are actually using DGBE strings made for a tenor, then i take it all back. but they do sound a little loose.

btw, i noticed your shelter island video. you coming to the jam session in mission bay on the 29th? if you dont know about it yet, its on the regional get togethers section under "san diego represent!!!"

all the details and the map to de anza cove are there.

edit: nevermind. i committed a youtube sin and posted before reading the vid description to see that youre in new york. my bad haha.

Last edited:
are those regular 6 string tenors that are just tuned down 5 steps? when you strum them they sound like they are loose. i like the sound so far, but for some reason that loose sound kinda kills it.

try this.

1st course... use the regular E string as your high E
2nd course... use the C string and tune to low E
3rd course... use another C string and tune to B
4th course... use a wound C string and tune to Low G
5th course... use the high A string and tune to high G
6th course... use another E string and tune to high D

by doing this you will only be tuning down 2 steps at most, instead of tuning all the strings down 5 steps, so the tension is still pretty decent. the wound C tuning down to low G isnt going make much difference because the wound strings change quickly with very minor adjustments. and tuning the C string up to E isnt going to put too much tension on it.

then again...
if you are actually using DGBE strings made for a tenor, then i take it all back. but they do sound a little loose.

Haha
yea the quality on the video makes it sound looser than it is
they are baritone strings.

I agree though they do sound a bit loose but its just my ukulele

its a bit older and i think that may be why.

in ALDRINE's video he said that i should match the string to my uke

i think i have a very low sounding ukulele and bright sounding Aquilla strings.

any suggestions on deeper sounding baritone 6 strings anyone??

thanks

Top Bottom