Odd show pairings

Harold O.

Reaction score
My ukulele group, Canogahana Players, meets twice a month at Guitar Merchant. Our next go round is November 13.

Turns out that the performance venue we usually play in will be occupied that morning. We've been bounced for recitals, performances, and other (paying) music-related priorities (our space/time is donated by GM).

This time we will be ousted by a Hot Wheels & Diecast show and swap. We'll move our group to the wood shop next door and play a bunch of "car tunes" in honor of the Hot Wheels crowd. Since they don't have music or presentations as part of their show, our playing from the other side of the wall won't interrupt their deal. Turns out I know a lot of the diecast guys and most of them don't know I can uke it up.

So I'm wondering what other odd ukulele pairings others have encountered.

Actually, a Hot Wheels ukulele would look pretty cool.

That IS weird.

My odd pairing is sliced banana and mayo sammiches. Sounds gross but it's pretty yum!

On the ukulele front, a group of us from my Monday evening ukulele class have rehearsed twice (for the class's annual lu'au) at Sports Basement, a sports store in San Francisco. The rehearsals have been held in spaces away from where stuff is sold, but the music could be heard in areas where stuff is sold and shoppers have peeked in to check out the music.

On the sliced banana front, I grew up eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches. This summer I had an almond butter and banana sandwich, which was just as yummy.

My main hobbies are playing the uke and carving stone, seems like an odd pairing to me <g>.

Top Bottom